Off to Fethiye, Turkey very soon

Yup, I'm off to Fethiye in a few days time. I've been there before and am definitely looking forward to few good shaves, haircuts, nostril and ear trims. In previous visits to Turkey I've been a electric shaver and have never had any interest (shame!!) in any wet shaving stuff going on. So, if any of you good people have any recommendations of products, better yet shops I shouldn't miss whilst I'm there, please tell :icon_razz:
Meanwhile, I look forward to an imminent delivery of a Weber DLC with bulldog, which is apparently somewhere between Chicago and here. Hope it sneaks thro' customs unscathed and uncharged. RAD just creeps up on you when you least expect it; but I love it,
Cheers,
Eric

I'm jealous! We haven't been abroad since the kids were born, but prior to that we were regular visitors to Fethiye. I can't recommend any products (wasn't shaving like this when I last went), but I've always enjoyed a proper Turkish shave. My advice would be to go somewhere non-touristy! The shave is the same but the price is much better and less prone to hidden extras (e.g. Charging for the neck massage that would be free with an ordinary barber)

Love Fethiye! Make sure you do the Dalaman mud baths (great for your skin). If you go to Hisoranu on the way to Olu Deniz have a shave from the guy next door to the Mosque. Exceptional shave followed by a good neck massage.

Fethiye market is massive, it's very touristy but there's a few gems tucked away. I picked up a great horse hair brush for just a few pounds - remember to barter hard!

In the shops, I thoroughly recommend the Fonex range of products, the after shaves are especially good.

Enjoy :sleepy:

Have a friend who's family has been going to Turkey yearly now to visit 'new' relatives. He loves it and looks forward to going months in advance ( he just returned and said it was fantastic). Have a great time

Thanks for all that guys. Definitely get myself to Hisaronu for a shave and there's a very nice restaurant at the back of Hisaronu called the Olive Tree. As luck would have it, I'm staying very near to the weekly market so that too will be a definite. Couldn't possibly not try the Arko shaving creams and I'll look out for Fonex products as well.

It's gonna be busy with all this shaving research, but might just have time for a few Efes beers and some wonderful Kebabs. :icon_razz:

When I first started going to Turkey and being shaved, they used "proper" straight razors. But in the last few years they've all switched to using straight razors with disposable blades, I guess for health and safety reasons. I didn't have the same interest (obsession??) in shaving paraphernalia then, but the newer disposables did seem to have a reasonable amount of weight to them. Now, if I see something like that for sale, that may well be my entrée into straight shaving and the Turkish Liras will be flying out the wallet. RAD rules.
Cheers,
Eric

Back
Top Bottom