Odd one out or what?

I find I get on better with Boar brushes and am not very keen on Badgers. The ones I've used are too soft for my liking.

My favourite brush a the moment is an old Culmak 50/50 but this is a travel size type brush so I am thinking of trying the Vulfix 404

and see how that measures up.

Does anyone else prfer the Boars? :?:

I do like a boar. My first proper boar was a 404 mix. I thought it was great until I got my Semogue 830. I found the 404 way too scratchy, not scritchy, it was way more then that.

It's got a lovely backbone and tips softer then any of my badgers. It's a fantastic brush and one I love to bits!

I can't speak for Dipesh, but I reckon after it was broken in the tips on my 830 were as soft as Simpsons's best hair. Unfortunately I think it's gone a bit on the floppy side now, although it's still a good brush for creams in particular. At the moment my favourite two brushes are the blue epoxy custom Semogue and the Chubby 1. Little to choose between them for me, I just hope the Semogue doesn't go the same way as the 830. As it is it's the perfect combination of softness but with good scrubbiness to it. I think the recent 610 is similar in specs to the custom.

That's what happened to mine, I think boar's naturally tend towards becoming softer as the hair is courser more absorbent and more prone to breakage.

antdad said:
Dipesh said:
It's got a lovely backbone and tips softer then any of my badgers. It's a fantastic brush and one I love to bits!

Softer than your Duke3 in Best?

I'd say it's as soft but in a different way. If you took the 830 and pressed it against your face dry, all you would feel is soft and backbone.

If you did the same with the Duke 3, as you press you can feel a slight prickly feeling.

To throw another into the mix, my Duke 2 has better hair then my duke 3, this is just soft though and though. Only thing with this brush is that it has some hair that is not perfectly straight where as my Duke 3 all the hairs are the same.

Its amazing how these brushes vary so much!

Yellow Jim said:
I can't speak for Dipesh, but I reckon after it was broken in the tips on my 830 were as soft as Simpsons's best hair. Unfortunately I think it's gone a bit on the floppy side now, although it's still a good brush for creams in particular. At the moment my favourite two brushes are the blue epoxy custom Semogue and the Chubby 1. Little to choose between them for me, I just hope the Semogue doesn't go the same way as the 830. As it is it's the perfect combination of softness but with good scrubbiness to it. I think the recent 610 is similar in specs to the custom.

I was looking at the 610, how does tha grade of boar hair compare to the 830's 'Premium'?

Back
Top Bottom