Nuage Shaving Oil with menthol

Has anyone tried this? It's cheap enough (£1 in Morrisons) I used it last night with Proraso soap and the menthol was a nice bonus for the proraso, and tonight I used it with Godrej lime where it also worked well. I have a relatively irritation free shave (for a newbie one month into DE shaving), but the best thing is my face feels a lot less dry and tight afterwards. I'm quite impressed.

035386.jpg

quattrojames said:
Has anyone tried this? It's cheap enough (£1 in Morrisons) I used it last night with Proraso soap and the menthol was a nice bonus for the proraso, and tonight I used it with Godrej lime where it also worked well. I have a relatively irritation free shave (for a newbie one month into DE shaving), but the best thing is my face feels a lot less dry and tight afterwards. I'm quite impressed.

035386.jpg

Asda also stock it for £1.00, i have tried it too, very nice shave but didn't like the feeling afterwards, just didn't feel clean, and my Razor was covered in it...

Nice Menthol hit though and at that price, it's rude not to get some, just not ideal for me...

Steve

Hmmm yeh the state of the razor is a definite pita :( Luckily I'm still new and keen enough to be stripping the razor down and cleaning it after every shave :roll:

i used to use that with hand soap when i was traveling abroad. it did clog the razor a treat (a mach3 at the time) but i was going light so it had the advantage of small size and light weight
steve

i use this occasionally - i like the menthol hit. i dont find that it clogs my razor tho - i give it a thorough rubbing in and leave it to sit on my face as i bowl lather.

also goes well with ingrams cream

I've used it in the past, found it ok but if you want an even cheaper version get some babyoil, almond oil or similar and a tub of Menthol crystals and mix your own. Only a few crystals needed and they can also be used in a bowl of hot water to clear your head.

I've got one of these, nearly finished it. If you like a pre-shave oil you can't go wrong at the price. Very mild menthol effect that's nice. I won't be replacing it though as, for me, pre-shave oils don't seem to add a lot to my shave.

I found a bottle of this in the back of my bathroom cabinet just the other day.

When I first had it I tried appyling it directly to my skin and I didn't get on with it at all (didn't like the feel of it mainly).

This time around though I just sprayed it a few times into my bowl of hot water, and I must say I'm impressed. Gives the room a nice menthol smell, makes the water more 'slick' which resulted in a smoother shave and my face felt better afterwards (less dry and tight).

All in all, a bargain at 99p. I will definitely be replacing.

Count of Undolpho said:
Didn't get on with it at all - smell, feel or shave. Now used for oiling door hinges and so on.

Darn, wish I'd read this a week ago! Used it once, didn't get on with it at all. It felt greasy on my hands, and made them slippy to grip razor despite trying to wash them. As it was only 99p, & very unlike me as I hate waste, I threw it out - never even thought of using it as a substitute WD40!!

... used it for years, mostly as a soothing oil from my years of horrible shaves with a cartridge setup.

Ingredients are: sunflower oil and a bunch of essential oils, including menthol, eucalyptus and lavender. There are better oils for the skin than sunflower - jojoba, olive, avocado and almond spring to mind. Still, it's a good squirt. I continue to enjoy it prior to a shave with Ingram's ... for the total face chill!

But, yes, it's also really nice as a relieving smear for dry and irritable days.

Stephen - Tut! You should have sent it to me, mate.

Leslie145 said:
Count of Undolpho said:
Didn't get on with it at all - smell, feel or shave.

Same here - tried it with all manner of soaps, uses, but just didn't like it at all - had 2 bottles & now sending it to other members when PIFing/Trading other items

Bought some of this some time ago, and for the money you can't really fault it. It does what its intended for. I did have the same with grease scum all over my razor and blade, but a quick splosh under a very hot tap and its pretty much gone.

I have tried quite a few oils of recent, mainly to compare them to help me formulate my own oil. I will say out of all of them i found the Truefitt & Hill's pre-shave oil to be the best. A bit pricey but in this instance you do get what you pay for.

I also found that oils, squirted into the cups of my hands, then adding some hot water to splash over my just shaved face, really does sooth well. Worth the try.

Back
Top Bottom