Not glad about Tabac stick packaging

I received yesterday a Tabac stick and I must say that for some reason I'm pretty disappointed with the matte finish of the whole. My previous stick was from 2012 and had a complete glossy finish (cap and sticker on the tube, therefore somehow water proof). In fact, I already slightly scratched the surface of the matte sticker, not a big deal, but it's basically white carton/paper underneath, so I'll have to be cautious near water.

The old sticks used to come in a strong plastic tube and cap. Is it now a coated cardboard tube? Can the soap be removed and fit in the old container?

The stick comes in the same kind of tube as before (2013 I think), but:
- the finish of the cap and the label on the tube is matte instead of glossy;
- the matte label (the sticker) glued around the tube, is thick, but seems to be more fragile than the previous glossy one, especially if you scratch lightly the surface.

Found photos on the net:

previous version:

Tabac_scheerstaaf.jpg

current version:

maeurer-wirtz-tabac-original-shaving-soap-stick-10.jpg

The old sticks used to come in a strong plastic tube and cap. Is it now a coated cardboard tube? Can the soap be removed and fit in the old container?

It's not carton board, but the same tube, only the finish has changed. It's very likely the soap will fit in the current version, but I left my old Tabac stick (2012) in my home country, so I couldn't try.

As long as it's stinking the same.. I love my Tabac but it's such a monster stick it will be another two or so years before I get to finish my vintage 2014 version.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom