Nose Hair Removal

At the "Beautiful Male" grooming parlour Vinny (not Joe) put me onto they use a very small ball of perfumed wax to depilitate nostrils. I'm sure he wont mind as many of you as feel you want to PMing him for any further tips !

JohnnyO. \ :cool:

chrisbell said:
At 30, I'm starting to get a few lengthy hairs up my nostrils, though mainly in my left nostril. At the moment, I nip them between thumbnail and little fingernail :oops: As and when I get more, I'll have to get something more permanant. :lol:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Class-Blowtorch-Professional-Cooks/dp/B0001IWYAU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306343415&sr=8-2">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Class-Bl ... 415&sr=8-2</a><!-- m -->

should do the job once and for all!

Gingerpose said:
chrisbell said:
At 30, I'm starting to get a few lengthy hairs up my nostrils, though mainly in my left nostril. At the moment, I nip them between thumbnail and little fingernail :oops: As and when I get more, I'll have to get something more permanant. :lol:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Class-Bl">http://www.amazon.co.uk/Master-Class-Bl</a><!-- m --> ... 415&sr=8-2

should do the job once and for all!

Might bring tears to your eyes though.........

I just grab a pair of these out of my tool kit:-
E9v7sovOSEAjuCFVm2UZ1FYFnYRGAGfmzNLX_uB1_DU_u9ojHB6vhKnmxbpyBj7ujKzssFrSs1ZzsTzKlEm2gz631-PhxflFlTeeejWPccxFFpH8-2a1GjGLh4PH1L5DvbH656WniG_Pv7_Pxlldkki9j9TjS1rcG2MxF-fH7P-wrw=s90-c

I have an electric nose hair trimmer (Purple Ronnie brand, would you believe?), now while it works reasonably well I always have a moment of fear when I switch it on, and I blame Arnold for that fear:

the-10-greatest-gross-out-moments-of-the-90s-00-420-75.jpg

Canuck said:
The needle nosed pliers gag always reminds me of Ritchie's date night episode in "Bottom". He asks Eddie to help him depilate his nostrils "Otherwise she'll see these looming out of the dark and she's likely to pull on them and expect the butler to come".
Eddie then manages to get hold of Ritchie's septum with said pliers and yanks hard. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Damn that scene was funny, i'd forgotten about it till you mentioned it.

A friend of mine used a leatherman multi tool to get the job. He locked onto a big bunch of nasal hair and was quite please at the amount he'd managed to get at once, that was until he noticed quite a heavey bleed from his nose.

I tend pluck a few at a time or sometimes i'll give them a careful trim with the razor. This is about the only occasion when I think the mach 3 does a better job than a DE.

I have quite a struggle with nasal hair, i dont get to many long hairs growing from further up, the majority are right at the end of my nose and are really thick and no could i remove them with pliers without causing a big epic blood lose. I have in the past used a razor blade say from a disposable razor detached from the razor and inserted into my nose, not for the faint hearted but does work wonders, I have a nasal hair trimmer but it leaves a half mill or so of hair behind that looks like a little nose carpet.

JohnnyO said:
At the "Beautiful Male" grooming parlour Vinny (not Joe) put me onto they use a very small ball of perfumed wax to depilitate nostrils. I'm sure he wont mind as many of you as feel you want to PMing him for any further tips !

JohnnyO. \ :cool:

Cheers my friend, my in-box is now full.

I am just back from my weekly 'spruce' all smooth and sweet-smelling with a bag full of hair that I could stuff a sofa with.

I haven't tried the Groom-Mate, but I have tried a few. The Philips linked before is by far the best in my experience, and I do mean by FAR.

Yellow Jim said:
Your links don't work but I assume you mean this one. I've got one, they are well built and do the job. It should last a long time, unlike the cheap electric ones that seem to break after a few months.

41jGM8-z7nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only time this task has ever been easy is when I shaved electric. Neither cartridges or DEs lend themselves to the job, so to speak. So on the strength of your recommendation and on account of I am sick of sticking scissors up my nose I have ordered one of these from a famous online retailer.

49er said:
The only time this task has ever been easy is when I shaved electric. Neither cartridges or DEs lend themselves to the job, so to speak. So on the strength of your recommendation and on account of I am sick of sticking scissors up my nose I have ordered one of these from a famous online retailer.

You won't regret it. These little gizmos are great.

I wonder if Amazon noticed a spike in the sales of these, I ordered one on Wed night after reading this thread.

I am not growing ear and nose hair like a hanging basket yet; but a while back I had plucked a stray hair and got a spot or at least a sore bump inside my nose which was bloody eye watering. When I read this thread I thought OK I will give it a go. I have low expectations because I know PC might like the plucked feeling ;) but they seem simple in my mechanical mind and therefore somehow safer. For some reason I am adverse to sticking a buzzing thing up my nose in much the same way I feel about electric razors. Maybe the electric one will be better but I like the idea of this.

The Groom Mate doesn't hurt much at all - just the occasional twinge as it pulls rather than cuts, but generally it gives a pain-free experience.

Just noticed they do a Platinum XL version :D Comes with a nice little pouch.

Back
Top Bottom