Noob just received first setup

Good starting setup but I am not sure about the blades as Bluebeard don't manufacture them. I don't know if the pre-shave is necessary either as a hydration of the stubble followed by a good lather will give you a good shave. You may want to try a sample pack of blades to find the best blade for you. Connaught Shaving do a good Gillette 40 blade pack.
View attachment 31378
I been lucky enough for a member on here to send me a sample of blades to try, which I'm very much looking forward to and much appreciative of at the same time.

I forgot I could add pictures :) Here is my first complete set.
ec24e4e10c1519d12dc0241ea1106fb5
ec24e4e10c1519d12dc0241ea1106fb5.jpg
Great starter set mate ;) remember face preperation is the key honestly. Get those whiskers as soft as you possibly can ;)

This thread has such great advice for a noobie, wish I'd have had the same when I first started. My first razor was the DE89 as well, which I have subsequently passed on to a friend who in his mid 50s has now decided to properly shave! The best bit of advice is worth repeating, keep persevering till you get the technique off as second nature. I swapped and changed so much at the time I hadn't a clue what was going wrong blaming different products, whereas it was simply my technique.

Once you've mastered it, you should be able to pick up pretty much any razor and get a decent shave. Having said that, I now have about 20 razors, when in reality, you only need the one - that cutting up your credit cards is sound advice too!

Nice setup , I just used the rest of my TOBS sandalwood about a month ago. I was a DE 89 guy for a very long time , perhaps 5 years with this razor, it gives very comfortable smooth shaves.

Hi Dean,

I started off back in August this year with TOBS Sandalwood cream and Proraso After shave balm. Nearly bought the ej but my dad happened to have a tech from the 70s so I ended up with that.

It's a great kit. One of the first pieces of advice I got was to try a "30 day rule" where I change nothing. It really did help me.

Also, although thick lather like meringue looks awesome, it can dry a little during the shave and might not be as slick as possible. Don't be afraid to add a little more water - worst case scenario you wreck it and have to start again ;)

Have a great journey!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom