No SE razor section in "Shaving Tackle"

Here in the U.S. there are plenty of posts in Badger and Blade, as well as Ebay auctions, for SE razors. I was wondering if they are very popular in the UK?

I would not say they are popular in the UK or USA or and country in the world neither are DE or anything that does not have multiple blades :lol: , but there is people on this site that do like them just like on badger and blade do a search and you will find posts from people extolling there virtues. I use one from time to time myself certainly a capable toll, :D

I live in the USA and would say not many people know about SE razors..though when they do...usually put their DE's to rest for awhile... :mrgreen:

Blades

OK boys I hear you, (as I put on my flame proof suit) I would say that I didn't realise there was that much of a difference and demand to merit an SE section on its own. We do try to keep the number of sections down, not just because it would be more to administer but if there is insufficient interest in a section it ends up a dead section. Additionally the DE section we have currently is not overly busy but the way I read this I think you want the section not because of traffic but to collect it together in a single place for SE users old and new.

In most other forums SE and DE are together so perhaps they have been there and for whatever reason decided against it, then again we are not most other Forums. Thinking about I suppose it is it's own niche and discussions on SE blades, where to get them, what is best and the razors themselves along with technique and new scores from the bay are all valid and that bit different from DE, given this I would sway towards agreeing a section may be merited, but only if there is a demand. Then again this ain't my forum it is Boabs but I am sure he would give it a fair hearing.

I think the best way forward if you want a SE section is to create a topic in the feedback section saying why it is needed (no need for war and peace), this would demonstrate the demand and if Boab agrees with you he will create one for the SE users.

First post of the New Year so happy New Year everyone.

Thanks for that Audio, for myself as long as no one objects (& so far I haven't seen any complaints) I'd be content to continue to be allowed to use the present headings. I agree that too many minor headings may well be tidy and regulated but just don't get the demand to justify their presence. If you're a wee bit nosey like me it's also always nice to see what is going on in all the razor types. Perhaps just having the heading as "Single & Double Edged Razors" or something similar, if felt required, could draw attention to the fact that every type of equipment is catered for ?

JohnnyO. :?

Back
Top Bottom