NFL Anyone?

Old thread but I was browsing the lounge so here goes :):

I tried getting into NFL, my latest attempt was to watch the Jaguars v 49ers at Wembley but I found it difficult to keep up with. I'm sure if I knew the rules and tactics it would help but all I could see was some guys throwing a ball and running a few metres then the game stopped and it would either go to the commentators or to an advert every 5 minutes.

I am into the NHL though. I've been a follower of Boston Bruins for a few years. It took me a while to adjust to the speed of the game but I enjoy the flow.

Despite not getting on with the NFL, I like American sports in general. I love the atmosphere, the great team names, the logos and just how it seems much more laid back than English sports.

Just stick with the highlights show on Channel 4 on a Saturday morning... it strips out all the timeouts, ad breaks and other stoppages and just showcases the action.

Been watching from afar this year... just weekly trips to Yahoo to keep an eye on my Pats and see how the Broncos and Chiefs streaks were going earlier in the season.

Was surprised to notice today that the Carolina Panthers finished with a 12-4 record, that's pretty impressive. I knew their new QB (Cam Newton) was pretty good... but I wasn't expecting such a strong finish or a trip to the playoffs anytime soon.

Me Pats look to have had their arses handed to them on a plate by Manning and the Broncos, still a decent season considering we haven't any marquee receivers and our tight end can't stay healthy. Manning deserves another shot at a title, there's no doubt about it.

Fancy San Fran in the other game.

NFL? No Ferking Laughs. Seriously, wot a load of shite as far as sport is concerned. I'd rather have my toenails clipped by a rabid rottweiler! Just saying and no offence......:p

ye its real clever lets smash our heads together an get concusion, 2 different sports which are played differently love how people compare them

It's when folk take the comparisons and the associated wee bit pulling o' the leg a mite too seriously that makes me wonder. Enjoy your sport, sir. And in good health too. :)

Back
Top Bottom