newbie soap question

Afternoon gentlemen,
I have gone mad and bought several hard soaps, I only have one shaving bowl, how do you keep your soaps when not using them under these circumstances?
Thank you for looking.

I have gone mad and bought several hard soaps

I think what you meant to say was "I have come to my senses and bought several hard soaps".

Many people load the soap from the puck, then create the later in a shaving bowl. So there are two vessels involved.

I think you are anticipating putting a soap in the shaving bowl, leaving it there, and loading AND lathering in said bowl. Although not widely suggested, I managed to get through two bowls of Boots soap in this fashion without considering it "wrong". My view was just wet brush, swirl the hell out of it on the soap, swirl the hell out of it on my face, and keep doing that until I had a lather. So that's possible. In fact, it works just fine.

Which leaves you with seven soaps, and it sounds like a lesser number of containers to keep them in until such time as you use any chosen method of lathering in your shaving bowl.

I bought ten or so of these tins on eBay for various soaps and creams. There are plenty of labelling options as well (I found some excellent blackboard surface stickers that can be labelled easily.

Thank you chaps,
Yes
And very much bang on!

As an example I bought a Taylor's of bond St sandlewood refill, it just came in a cardboard box. Until now I've been using tabac in the glass bowl it comes in, but can't get a true lather obviously as it just foams out all down the sides.:-(

Don't talk to me about him. 50 mtrs of bubble wrp arrived today I asked him what I should do with it? He said Oh just pop it in the corner. I was there 9 hrs.
y7Z0L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom