New SE razor - Rocnel

I totally agree, and, as someone who "doctors" DE blades to fit Wardonias, Gibbs and other non-standard razors, as well as SE blades, that's what I will do. As has been said, it's not complicated or especially dangerous.
However, there was another SE proposed some time ago (I forget what the name was), which required halved blades.

The Beluga?

Snapping blades is a doddle, in or out of the packet ..... But there are some people who absolutely cringe in shock to see you doing it ..... 'Tis too funny :D

Addendum: Just had a quick mooch ...... The Perma Sharp half blades are about £6 - £6.50 delivered in the UK ......... So that's not a bad deal if you just want to grab a blade and throw it in with no fuss ..... Nice blades, too.

Well-remembered. That's the one.
Bye-the-bye, has that happened yet?

Last tweet or FB post are from July, 2015.
They are not responding to the posts on their FB page.
On their Kickstarter campaign page they had made a pledge that if it didn't ship by Nov 3rd, 2015 they would refund any money. I think November came and went...without a single comment from the company.

I'm tempted to put the Beluga in the same bucket as the Falcon - "Will most likely never happen".

Last tweet or FB post are from July, 2015.
They are not responding to the posts on their FB page.
On their Kickstarter campaign page they had made a pledge that if it didn't ship by Nov 3rd, 2015 they would refund any money. I think November came and went...without a single comment from the company.

I'm tempted to put the Beluga in the same bucket as the Falcon - "Will most likely never happen".
And all those backers out of pocket.

And all those backers out of pocket.

Yeah I don't know much about the Kickstarter refund policy but I see a lot of annoyed people posting.
For some reason I thought if a project failed on Kickstarter you'd get your money back - as opposed to say IndieGoGo where the creator/company can simply keep the money. Might not be the case.

There is an update from them on their Kickstarter page from November of last year but nothing in the past three months. I guess we'll see.

Yeah I don't know much about the Kickstarter refund policy but I see a lot of annoyed people posting.
For some reason I thought if a project failed on Kickstarter you'd get your money back - as opposed to say IndieGoGo where the creator/company can simply keep the money. Might not be the case.

There is an update from them on their Kickstarter page from November of last year but nothing in the past three months. I guess we'll see.
I wonder if you paid with Paypal you could claim a refund?

I think, unfortunately, that the time for refunds would be well past by now as, I believe, you can only request a refund w/in 60 days of the transaction
That looks like a real pile-up, but I thank my lucky stars that project didn't seduce me.
Even if the backers used PayPal,and were in time to try, I doubt they'd have any recourse. They were, after all, paying for something that didn't even exist. It's a bit like PayPal-ing a lottery ticket and then trying to get a refund when you don't win.
When I look at projects like this, I am strongly reminded how fortunate we've been when backing well-run, completely honest projects from real creators and entrepreneurs like @ShaneS at Blackland. We could do with more people of that calibre.

Some Rocnel heads ready. Rocnel confirmed that they decided to have the tops of the heads matte polished and sides bright polished. They are keeping heads in seperate boxes to avoid small scratches.

b5scom.jpg

I don't think so @rolatruck . Rocnel shared their delivery schedule for the pre orders they received to this date:

March - Domestic deliveries
April - Domestic and North America deliveries
May - North America deliveries
June - North America and Europe deliveries

Back
Top Bottom