"New" Schick DE Blade

Or is it merely a rebranded German Wilkie? :unsure: Regardless, I just ordered a tuck to try as the vendor also had the highly touted (by our own pjgh) Treet 7 Days Platinum.

Now mind you, a few years back I bought some modern Schick DE blades which were these:

They were nothing to write home about and I think merely a rebranded German Wilkie.

Here is the new offering:

Interesting, I had a tuck of these thrown in by Fernando with my recent master soap creation order. I'd just tossed them in my my early day random selection boxes. I'll have to give them a bash.

Tried the new Schick today in my ol' reliable BE Tech and to be frank it was a DFS. Perhaps it's my imagination, but the blade felt a tad thicker than normal. Whether it's simply a rebranded German Wilkie I don't know at this point as I haven't used one of the latter in a year or so. I should compare when I have time. Regardless, not worth the $28.99 USA they want for 100 of the new Schick blades.

Tried the new Schick today in my ol' reliable BE Tech and to be frank it was a DFS. Perhaps it's my imagination, but the blade felt a tad thicker than normal. Whether it's simply a rebranded German Wilkie I don't know at this point as I haven't used one of the latter in a year or so. I should compare when I have time. Regardless, not worth the $28.99 USA they want for 100 of the new Schick blades.
Noted. I'll no doubt buy a pack out of interest. I rather like regular Wilkies (even the Economie variety) and might have a good guess at whether your hunch is right.

2nd shave in and not all is well. Sunday night shave (more sleep in the AM before work) with a RR GC .68 and it was definitely rougher than the first!! Used a RR Italian soap as well. I will try it one more time in the Tech as before later this week. :unsure:

2nd shave in and not all is well. Sunday night shave (more sleep in the AM before work) with a RR GC .68 and it was definitely rougher than the first!! Used a RR Italian soap as well. I will try it one more time in the Tech as before later this week. :unsure:

I presume like myself you are someone who on a regular basis uses DE blades from the numerous factories owned by Gillette, and something I associate with the majority of their offerings (irrespective of where they are made) is they are usually better after a shave and will last well for a number of shaves. Occasionally when I use a blade made by another factory, I often find the first shave exceptional but notice the performance diminishes with consecutive shaves, sometimes marginally, other occasions quite significantly.

Back
Top Bottom