"New" Schick DE Blade

Or is it merely a rebranded German Wilkie? :unsure: Regardless, I just ordered a tuck to try as the vendor also had the highly touted (by our own pjgh) Treet 7 Days Platinum.

Now mind you, a few years back I bought some modern Schick DE blades which were these:

They were nothing to write home about and I think merely a rebranded German Wilkie.

Here is the new offering:

Tried the new Schick today in my ol' reliable BE Tech and to be frank it was a DFS. Perhaps it's my imagination, but the blade felt a tad thicker than normal. Whether it's simply a rebranded German Wilkie I don't know at this point as I haven't used one of the latter in a year or so. I should compare when I have time. Regardless, not worth the $28.99 USA they want for 100 of the new Schick blades.

Tried the new Schick today in my ol' reliable BE Tech and to be frank it was a DFS. Perhaps it's my imagination, but the blade felt a tad thicker than normal. Whether it's simply a rebranded German Wilkie I don't know at this point as I haven't used one of the latter in a year or so. I should compare when I have time. Regardless, not worth the $28.99 USA they want for 100 of the new Schick blades.
Noted. I'll no doubt buy a pack out of interest. I rather like regular Wilkies (even the Economie variety) and might have a good guess at whether your hunch is right.

2nd shave in and not all is well. Sunday night shave (more sleep in the AM before work) with a RR GC .68 and it was definitely rougher than the first!! Used a RR Italian soap as well. I will try it one more time in the Tech as before later this week. :unsure:

2nd shave in and not all is well. Sunday night shave (more sleep in the AM before work) with a RR GC .68 and it was definitely rougher than the first!! Used a RR Italian soap as well. I will try it one more time in the Tech as before later this week. :unsure:

I presume like myself you are someone who on a regular basis uses DE blades from the numerous factories owned by Gillette, and something I associate with the majority of their offerings (irrespective of where they are made) is they are usually better after a shave and will last well for a number of shaves. Occasionally when I use a blade made by another factory, I often find the first shave exceptional but notice the performance diminishes with consecutive shaves, sometimes marginally, other occasions quite significantly.

Back
Top Bottom