New scales for a Kai Folding Razor

Here are some pitures of scales I made for one of our members. The blade is obviously similar to a Feather so I based the new scales on that but slightly modified because the Kai profile is slightly different.

They are made from horn with the same spacer.

Just received the KAI razor today, you're right if one looks at it outside in the sun the horn scales look even better! Thanks for your excellent work.

They are very nice indeed and I suspect the picture doesn't do them justice. Makes me think that maybe my feather AC would benefit from some too? I must resist for a bit though!

I've now had the opportunity of comparing Feather, Kai and CJB razors from a manufacturing viewpoint and although the first two are of a much better standard as is expected given the price difference, I rate the Feather just a little better than the Kai in terms of finish and overall quality. Certainly the standard Feather scales look and feel nicer than Kai, but also the design of the blade holder has a cleaner feel to it.

Of course none of this has any bearing on the shave itself - but then that's not the point is it - we like our things to look as good as we hope to feel.

Snuff said:
Just received the KAI razor today,

This was posted to Belgium at lunchtime on Monday - so something like 36 hours. Whatever we think of the PO, they do it well sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom