New project - ERN Ators

Nice change for me as I generally seem to acquire complete dogs (and I remembered to take some 'before' pics for once).
Pair of ERN Ators in an oak box, bought from a local antique dealer for a very fair price. I think these are one of the most elegant razors I've seen and they really just need a light clean and hone. Will post 'after' pics when I've given them a polish.
uploadfromtaptalk1443551446174.jpg

Total garbage! Send them to me for immediate disposal ;)
I'll make it worse and show you the polished blades then shall I? Some superficial pitting, I'm not going to over polish the blades and risk wrecking them. Easy to hone and both shave very nicely. Sorry, these are keepers.

abe52690dfd72e034845b96a3fea0f85.jpg

Also for interest, this little leaflet was in the box. I've taken note.

00c7422f2ba572debff22162de602cae.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll make it worse and show you the polished blades then shall I? Some superficial pitting, I'm not going to over polish the blades and risk wrecking them. Easy to hone and both shave very nicely. Sorry, these are keepers.

abe52690dfd72e034845b96a3fea0f85.jpg

Also for interest, this little leaflet was in the box. I've taken note.

00c7422f2ba572debff22162de602cae.jpg
[/IMG]
Beautiful. So jealous right now.

Glad you like them. A bit too easy to really call them a project, but it's rare that I lay hands on something so nice and I couldn't resist a small gloat. Back to my usual pile of rusty framebacks now I suppose...

Two beauties there.

I have an Ator that UKRob did a fine job on a rescale and tidy up for me.

Steve.
That looks lovely. I'm going to use mine for a while and perhaps polish them a bit more later - hopefully they will end up like this. There is still some light pitting on mine, but I was keen to get them clean and honed so if could try them out. Now I know how they shave, I may put in a bit more work. I'm a bit concerned that I might overdo it as they are quite thin blades and I sometimes lack the delicate touch that Rob obviously has!

It looks as though you have both a 5/8" and 6/8" - both in original scales so a nice paired set. You really don't need to do any more in terms of polishing them from what I can see.

Back
Top Bottom