New muhle r41

tritrek said:
OK, I've tried my R41 this morning. When I saw the blade set in the head I thought OMG, the blade is exposed like 1-1mm on both sides and it's almost unbent, almost flat. Tried it with Proraso soap and Gillette SuperThin blades (the "Vietnamese Feathers") thinking: let's rock!
What I can say is that you feel the blade on your face so no toy for the faint-hearted - yet it's not uncomfortable and I haven't had a bad feeling about it. Plus, as the blade is exposed I could finally reach under my nose without too much acrobatics :)
Regarding it's agressiveness... yes it's aggressive but through: you are almost BBS after the WTG pass! Crazy....

The final verdict could be said in two words: unforgiving and perfect!

Unforgiving, because it really shaves everything off your face, so if you have any nicks, spots, blisters, birth-marks or moles that stand out of the surrounding surface then better reach for a milder razor 'cos this fella will cut it off in no time :)
Perfect, because it really shaves well and looks awesome.

One more thing, a sort of a suggestion: I would'nt list this on e-shops between Safety razors because safety has lost its meaning with this razor :D

I think you gave in few sentences the exact description of this awesome razor.
Perfect review!
P.S. Personally I think that r41 and iridium super stainless is a perfect pair!

I used this razor six times now, and every shave is better then the previous shave.
So far the Gillette 7 'O clock yellows performed the best, but I might revisit previous used blades as I have learned (and I'm still learning) how to use this razor.
So far this is a keeper for me :heart:

One thing I learned is that lather quality really matters with this razor, not slick enough and you'll notice :-/

Marcel said:
One thing I learned is that lather quality really matters with this razor, not slick enough and you'll notice :-/

Yes and frankly speaking this applies with everything, especially straight shaving and/or aggressive DEs as both of these will really show if the lather prep is not up to par...

Back
Top Bottom