I finally decided to make an escape from paying the stupid Gillette cartridges! I have sensitive skin so have just had delivered the following:

Edwin Jagger DE89
Derby blades
Edwin Jagger Badger Brush
TOBS Jermyn St Sensitive Cream
Nivea Sensitive ASB

I will give this a try tonight. Just hope I have a half-decent setup and don't slice myself to bits! :)

smartmove said:
I finally decided to make an escape from paying the stupid Gillette cartridges! I have sensitive skin so have just had delivered the following:

Edwin Jagger DE89
Derby blades
Edwin Jagger Badger Brush
TOBS Jermyn St Sensitive Cream
Nivea Sensitive ASB

I will give this a try tonight. Just hope I have a half-decent setup and don't slice myself to bits! :)

Looks good to me. Just take your time and make sure you prepare your beard well. Have a shower first and let it soften in the hot water. Don't press too hard when you shave as DE is a bit different to cartridge shaving. Welcome to TSR! :)

smartmove said:
I finally decided to make an escape from paying the stupid Gillette cartridges!

Welcome to TSR!

Now take your saved cartridge money, double it, and double it again. Then spend it on razors, blades, brushes, creams, soaps, AS, ..... :D

OK, you don't have to do like the majority here, but do tell us in a few months if you saved anything.

I didn't... :D

/Max

I attempted my first DE shave a few days ago, overall it went ok. Maybe not as smooth as I had hoped but only 1 or 2 nicks. Missed a few bits but will hopefully improve with practice. I didnt get the feeling of "knife through butter" with the blades, maybe I was expecting too much for Derby blades? I also have a pack of feathers and a pack of Gillette 7 o'clock yellows so maybe I should try those next time instead?

Had another shave today, this time used the Gillette 7 o'clock yellows and I would say the shave wasn't really any better than the first. I seem to find myself going off plan and mixing WTG, XTG and ATG and maybe that's part of the problem. Ended up with a few cuts and still not that close a shave. Maybe I am expecting too much for my 2nd attempt. I will continue on!

Back
Top Bottom