New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

Would it make sense to create a whole new thread for this 'selection process' labeling it so that more people might find it? And then just link to that thread from here.

Yes, that might be a good idea. I don't want to hijack the forum though, since I don't get much chance to post these days:)

Initial shave reports from Fellow German forum members are inconclusive imho, gonna have to try myself[emoji23]

It does look good though in Wood, and I find it a very welcome addition to MÜHLE's line up, as the R41 is a bit rowdily, and the R89 a bit too tame for me.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

The jet is a good investment. The rocca is not limited afaik. But maybe it's a great shaver?

I disagree, even though only 500 were made, It's still only a zamak razor.
It was expensive at £50 and some were selling for £100+. But why would you spend that on what is essentially a R89 when you can get a good stainless steel razor for that price?

Don't ask me. Some love the R89 and didn't get a black one, some collect MÜHLE, maybe some collect black razors, and some are just heavily infested with RAD.

I also find it strange to buy a razor as an investment, but as it happens in this case it is unintentional. I would sell it if I didn't relate to it.... or even better, wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

7 hours ago:
5vptw5.jpg

Hello,

I managed to get a Muhle R96 at the end of December. I have had 4 shaves with this, loaded with an Astra SP.

I was not disappointed, one of the best shaves I have ever had.

In terms of prior experience with the Muhle, I have only previously shaved with the R41, and as such on starting out I was very cautious. The R96 gave a mild and very smooth comfortable shave. Only two passes were needed for a BSS. No cuts, nicks, rash etc. - all good.

I have been shaving with an ATT M1 and R1 recently. I would say in terms of comparison, that the R96 is slightly less aggressive than the ATT R1, yet it feels more efficient.

The R96 is likely to be in my rotation for some time.

Last edited:
golly gee, it does look nice. nicer then most of the stainless razors that are available. price is not that much better then some of the competition, but just looking at the photos.... the quality of finish and machining actually make it look worth the asking price.

Back
Top Bottom