Positives:

Smooth shave with zero irritation
Intuitive angle
Blade gap/exposure perfectly judged
Finish is spotless

Negatives:

Lather channels are too shallow so it constantly blocks
Very head heavy, poor balance in use
Blades seem to dull very quickly, 50% quicker than in other DE's!?
Handle is hollow
The knurling pattern on the handle fills up with soap deposits
Handle is not particularly grippy

I'm torn, if judged purely on how my face feels post shave then it would be a 9/10 but there's so many niggling annoyances I can't help but give it a 6/10 (perhaps 7/10 if I'm being generous.) Personally I feel stainless R89/41 would be preferable... The Rocca tries to combine the best of both in a premium stainless package but ultimately falls short of its older, more humble siblings.
I've used mine with a nice SS handle a few times and it makes for a nice razor. I have to applaud Muhle for trying something different handle wise. I like mine a lot.

I also found the handle quite slippery, to be honest I wouldn't classify this as one of the best SS razors...there is no comparison between this and ATT, Timeless, Wolfman, Feather, Rocnel etc. It's an OK cheap razor...

I also found the handle quite slippery, to be honest I wouldn't classify this as one of the best SS razors...there is no comparison between this and ATT, Timeless, Wolfman, Feather, Rocnel etc. It's an OK cheap razor...

For me it's at least the equal of a Feather but half the price... Can't comment on anything else as ive not tried them, I would rather spend that sort of money on a nice straight than a safety razor.

For me it's at least the equal of a Feather but half the price... Can't comment on anything else as ive not tried them, I would rather spend that sort of money on a nice straight than a safety razor.

So, I think in terms of shaving it's better than the Feather, in terms of build quality not as good as the feather. But for that price it definitely wins over the Feather.

Back
Top Bottom