New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

I received my new Rocca on 22 Nov. Unboxed, unscrewed the handle from the head, and when I separated the base from the cap. . . . .one of the blade guides fell out.

The guides are glued in. From a longevity perspective. . . . . .FAIL. lol

View attachment 31183
As I said on another forum; the V1 head looks different. The whole top cap is a single cast there. I hope the V2 head design change was not for cost reasons!

If I were you, I would definitely complain and ask for a replacement. Shame! :(

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

I explained what happened in my email to them. Part of the reply I received was, "Quality control is done in Germany, we receive the items and store them in a temperature control warehouse until time for shipping."

I don't know, but I highly doubt "temperature" hand anything to do with their poorly executed cap / blade guide design. lol

I asked for an immediate refund. I was told they would refund "after" they received the razor back (as it was sent to me).

Muhle won't see any of my money in the future.

I had trouble getting a comfortable shave with this razor after using a Edwin Jagger. Cuts a tugging. Suddenly it is giving me great shaves, no nicks or irritation. I noticed that the pins to sign the blade in are very short, so maybe the blades were not seated correctly although they did not move whilst shaving. The pins on the EJ arel9ng and jot way can the blade be incorrectly seated in that razor. Just a thought.

I'm waiting on one through a trade - I enjoy an aggressive razor and hopefully it'll tick relevant boxes for me without issues. I almost always cold-water shave so hopefully that won't have an impact on blade guides or glue around there but if something does happen I'll be more than keen to notify Muhle.

It is an attractive razor and I do want to like it! :D

I think Muhle is going to bite it on the Rocca. The gods aren't having anything to do with it.
Maybe, but it has given me outstanding shaves already for the past 12 months. (11 months and 3 weeks, to be exact)

The Rocca seems to have some teething problems indeed, but (at least for me) the design is solid. I hope they will continue producing (and improving) it.

--
Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

I explained what happened in my email to them. Part of the reply I received was, "Quality control is done in Germany, we receive the items and store them in a temperature control warehouse until time for shipping." ...

Interpreting corporate "speak" it says "Quality control is supposed be done in China, we receive the items and store them in port in a shipping container to save even more money until time for shipping. If you are foolish enough to send this lemon back to us at your expense then we will refund your money or send you yet another crappy razor.

Thank you, Mr. Sucker."

;)

Back
Top Bottom