New Injector Razor

My Ugly Mug..:cool:
DSC_0048_zps8tgnuf8d.jpg

Todays Shave Set Up..:p
DSC_0216_zpsukwn3cjb.jpg

Here is Todays Shave Set Up..I will Report back later..Here is my Mug shot of how I was encase I don't make it..:eek::D:D:D:D

Billy

So, do I need to prove myself more inept than thee to get on the list Stacy?
That shouldn't be difficult.

I am hoping that it is in the UK for quite a while and then list can be quite long.

Toms V 2 Injector..:p
DSC_0213_zpshfbphs9f.jpg

DSC_0214_zpshqxhxb0s.jpg

DSC_0215_zpsiw5z7tnr.jpg

I got a lovely surprize this Morning...Toms V 2 Injector has arrived all safe & well in The West Coast of Bonnie Scotland..I wasn't expecting it to arrive so quickly & when I opened the box I was Gobsmacked at Toms Beautiful Masterpiece of Engineering...Its so Beautiful..I have sat it next to the Schick Type F to give you an idea of the true life size & scale..I am lost for words here & the pics here just don't do it any justice..:p

I have a couple to three days worth of whiskers to cut down so Toms Injector will be put to work at some point today..I am off to have a real look at Toms Engineering Marvel because it just arrived a few minutes ago..Tom is going to send over the One Piece V 3 version pictured above for a Pass Around..The one I have here is going to contribute towards its final development..I would just like to say..Thank you Tom for giving us folks over here in the UK the opportunity to Test Drive your Wonderful Creation..:)

Billy

Dayum, it really looks fantastic.
Really looking forward to the shave reports!

So, do I need to prove myself more inept than thee to get on the list Stacy?
That shouldn't be difficult.

I am hoping that it is in the UK for quite a while and then list can be quite long.
I'm hoping it comes to market, I'm getting the same warm fuzzy feeling I had for the Hone, look how that turned out :cool:

And anyway, no one is more inept than me so, as we say in the Mafia, "Forget about it".

After my First WTG Pass..:p
DSC_0222_zpsm6xfwifm.jpg

Todays Shave Set Up..:p
DSC_0216_zpsukwn3cjb.jpg

Three Shaving Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
Toms V 2 Adjustable Injector
NOS Dutch Made Schick Chromium Blade New
Kent BK2 Pure Badger Brush
French Monsavon Bol Tallow Soap
Thayers Original Witch Hazel

Well..My Ugly Mug Survived Folks..:D..I loaded an NOS Dutch made Schick into Toms Injector..I had to transfer the blade into a Chinese Schick Magazine because the NOS one wouldn't fit...This is quite common because this magazine doesn't Fit some of my PAL & Personna Injectors either..The Chinese magazine fits perfectly & the blade loaded as easy as any other injector..Plenty of clearance to clear the stops..Smooth as Silk..I decided to Go with the NOTSO Comb which for the purpose's of this write up I will refer to it as the Middle Setting...The combs are very easily removed for adjusting this razor...I can see why Tom stuck with the thumb screw design..It works very well & even adds to the look of the razor...It doesn't get in the way in any shape or form..Its perfect in every way..:)

On my first ATG Pass the V 2 Injector on the middle setting as you can see from the pic above just about blew away 3 days worth of whiskers..I ended up with a mixed BBS/DFS Result..I was Gobsmacked to say the least..The angle of the V 2 Injector is somewhat closer to a Schick Repeater than a Schick Injector but not quite..I would say that the angle of the handle sits somewhere in between..This razor is very quiet indeed..Its about as quiet as the PAL Adjustable I reckon & this initially impressed me because I have found that the Injectors with least audible feedback are indeed the most efficient.. I knew I was in for one darn fine shave the second I touched my face with it..I could have walked away with a DFS after my first ATG Pass with a couple of touch ups..:D

The V 2 Injector gets under the nose with ease and shaves ATG on the top lip with ease..This injector is smoother than a Schick Type E 2 & the PAL Adjustable..It might even be smoother than the Schick Type D & believe me folks that's saying something ..The open comb design feels like a smooth comb..It slid over my face as smooth as icing on a cake..Its so smooth that you think its not doing anything.. The V2 Injector is almost Ghost Like..The shaving angle for a lot of folks I reckon might not be as intuitive as they are used to..I talk about the "Shy Girl"..This is a Listening mans Injector for sure..Like the PAL Adjustable its very subtle..It might even be more subtle than the PAL Adjustable.That said..Those Dutch Blades are quite subtle as well..I reckon it will be more intuitive with a Chinese Blade..Time will tell..;)

Going ATG with this injector is just a pleasure..I would suggest that the V 2 is about as aggressive as the PAL Adjustable on the 3 Quarter setting or something like the Schick E 2..It will be interesting to see what its like with the WILD Comb & of course Twin Blades..The V 2 is as manoeuvrable as a Hoover..It almost feels like its Hoovering up your face..Its just so Darn Smooth..I ended up with an all over Dolphin Smooth BBS result..Toms Injector is as efficient as any injector in my collection and I have the best of them..It might even be the safest safety razor that I have used in my entire life..:D:p:D

Billy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom