New here today

Hey everyone,

Just writing to say hello to everyone here. I'm new. I've been reading some comments here on and off for a while and I thought I'd join in with the fun.

After reading peoples posts on here (and watching mantic59's shaving videos on youtube hehe), it persuaded me to take up shaving with a double edge razor and using shaving cream and a brush. I must say it's quite exciting for me.

Yes, I know some people might say "It's just shaving". Fair enough. But since using this bit of kit I'm actually starting to enjoy shaving. It doesn't feel like a chore anymore. It feels more like an achievment. particularly, after I've finished shaving to find that I HAVEN'T cut myself! Well, that's a bit of a lie. I have cut myself a few times. But I'm still getting used to using a double edge razor more slower and I'm working out how much pressure to use on my skin. I used to be a bit heavy handed and speedy when using a cartridge razor.

I'm trying out shaving creams that come in a tube and soaps that come in a bowl, and working out which type I like and works best for me.

Any tips and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Dylan

Mornin!!
I am new too and found this useful from others..
I find no pressure works!!
Plus just one or two passes to start with and not across the grain (XTG) just two ordinary with the grain passes (WTG)
Concentrate on technique and not on having a really close shave.
Oh and create pot of money in yr pay-pal account you will need it....! :lol:
Oh and stick to one set up..I cannot do this as I love experimenting!
Luverley Jubberley.
Slick
Tim

Thankyou everyone for such a lovely warm welcome. I can tell already that everyone here is warm and friendly. I look forward to the soap and cream and razor reviews and general banter.

JohnnyO said:
Hi & very welcome Dylan ............. I'll say "Boing" now.

JohnnyO. \ :D

You've got me of thinking of Zebedee, JohnyO! Hehe :p

Back
Top Bottom