New de shaver from chesterfield

Hi everyone im from chesterfield 47 years young and ive been using a electric razor for 20 years, but have wanted to return to wet shaving i have tried de shaving before when i was in my early 20s, always used to cut myself then went to cartridge razor and then electric but dont get a close enough shave,so move on 20 odd years later and youtube started to watch paul h shaving and thought would love to go back to it then 3 weeks I was going to join a shave club harrys found a review on youtube only to find lidl have the same blades so pop off to lidl and bought there razor had a can off nivea gel in the house so for 2.99 not lost anything, gave it a go gives a really good shave watched a few youtubers on shaving followed the advice shave after showering dont press on anyway this sunday ordered a de razor here is what ive ordered

journeyman de razor
omega brush pure bristle red
proraso sandlewood 150ml jar
10 bluebeards revenge razor blades free with razor
bluebeards revenge luxury shaving cream 20ml also free
total cost £28.07

will post pics when it arrives i also have a very course stubble thats why i went for the proraso red love to here anyones advice or comments

Welcome!

My advice on avoiding skin irritation and weepers:

1) Mind how much pressure you apply on your skin with that mild razor. You want zero pressure, don't let the mildness trick you.
2) Don't buff over the same area more than 2-3 times. That's why you do 3 passes.
3) Make sure your lather is glistening and well hydrated. Moisture engorged whiskers cut easier. Unlike the creams, Proraso soap is on the thirsty side, don't be afraid to add water to your lather. That soap will last you a long time, so don't worry on wasting some to practice making lather. Enjoy the earthy sandalwood smell.

Welcome!

My advice on avoiding skin irritation and weepers:

1) Mind how much pressure you apply on your skin with that mild razor. You want zero pressure, don't let the mildness trick you.
2) Don't buff over the same area more than 2-3 times. That's why you do 3 passes.
3) Make sure your lather is glistening and well hydrated. Moisture engorged whiskers cut easier. Unlike the creams, Proraso soap is on the thirsty side, don't be afraid to add water to your lather. That soap will last you a long time, so don't worry on wasting some to practice making lather. Enjoy the earthy sandalwood smell.
Great advice,wise words...You've missed another equally important issue, which is, enjoy your newly re-introduced shaving experience.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom