Need a new smart phone

Hello folks, I am looking for some advice.

My contract is up for vodafone and after some consideration and number crunching, I have come to the decision not to renew, the main reason being, most of my family are on a friends and family grouping and calls between us are free anyway. The contract phone is a Vodafone smart mini and it dosent work very well half the time.

I am looking at an HTC Desire 310 as I can pick one up new and sim free for under £100.

I play Family Guy quest for stuff game and email/social networking and reading books as well as calls and texting.

I was wondering if anyone has the HTC desire 310 and can let me know if its a good phone for the money.

Thanks
Jim

cheers folks The moto g looks good and worth adding to the list. The M8 is impressive too but a little out of my budget for now. I may rule out thr htc 310 as the storage seams a bit small
Havent heard of those Brian but will do some research.

Jim

Ye the MotoG LT is what I got for the wife, if you do get one make sure that you get the micro sd from Samsung and the type is 32 gig x6, this phone is very fussy which card you can use but the above do work for everyone.

Thanks Shemen, I have decided to go for the MotoG 4G sim free phone. It was a tad more than I wanted to pay but had an Amazon voucher. It had the best reviews. I will check out thr micro sd card situation too.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Jim

Hi Shemen,
I am not very clued in to micro sd cards, is this what you were referring to?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Memory-Standard-MicroSDHC-Adapter/dp/B00J29EDZS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1427736010&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+32gb+micro+sd+card

Cheers.

Jim

I've had a Kazam Trooper 2 sim free/dual sim phone I had to buy in an emergency two months ago in Argos. Does everything well with no fuss and cost £49.99. Well worth checking out.

Oops just noticed I'm too late, oh well......

No worries, it may help someone else looking for a phone. They say the Moto G 4g will be delivered tomorrow so I will have a shave early in the morning so I don't have to go to the door with half a face of shaving cream and a gash from my kropp when the door buzzer shrieks.

Jim

Re: RE: Need a new smart phone

jim3rg said:
Thanks Shemen, I have decided to go for the MotoG 4G sim free phone. It was a tad more than I wanted to pay but had an Amazon voucher. It had the best reviews. I will check out thr micro sd card situation too.

Thanks for the advice folks.

Jim

Hi Shemen,
I am not very clued in to micro sd cards, is this what you were referring to?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Memory-Standard-MicroSDHC-Adapter/dp/B00J29EDZS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1427736010&sr=8-4&keywords=samsung+32gb+micro+sd+card

Cheers.

Jim

That's the one.

Got my new Motor G 4G and have been playing with it for a while. I was told that I would go blind if I didn't stop

I was surprised that the phone only came with a USB charging cable and no wall plug. I have an old Samsung plug I can use. No earphones either so I will need to source some.

Liking it so far though, now to disable auto correct.

Jim

Sent via tapatalk from Moto Go.

Hey Folks
As you may know I decided on buying a Moto g 4g sim free phone, by the end of the day yesterday, I thought I had made a major mistake. The wifi dropped everywhere not just at home, and it was every few minutes it was getting so bad I was going to send it back today. I factory reset it a couple of times and wiped the cache partition but still the same. In the end I switched it off and boxed it up ready to return on Tuesday.

This morning I had a change of heart, so out of the box it came and it connected to wifi straight away and hasn't dropped since, even when playing a wifi heavy game. I have no idea what has happened but it seems to have fixed itself... hopefully. I really like this phone and wasnt looking forward to sending it back.

Jim

jim3rg said:
Hey Folks
As you may know I decided on buying a Moto g 4g sim free phone, by the end of the day yesterday, I thought I had made a major mistake. The wifi dropped everywhere not just at home, and it was every few minutes it was getting so bad I was going to send it back today. I factory reset it a couple of times and wiped the cache partition but still the same. In the end I switched it off and boxed it up ready to return on Tuesday.

This morning I had a change of heart, so out of the box it came and it connected to wifi straight away and hasn't dropped since, even when playing a wifi heavy game. I have no idea what has happened but it seems to have fixed itself... hopefully. I really like this phone and wasnt looking forward to sending it back.

Jim

This can happen with other phones and usually down to energy savings settings, there is an app called WIFI keep alive that I have permanently running, never had a dropped connection with this baby: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.shantz.wifikeepalive

Back
Top Bottom