Nature at work in London

Just a quick opportunist shot taken today. Did not have time to set up the camera so shot in full auto. Nice to see the bee's are back in the garden.........
[attachment=0]

Attachments

• IMG_1895.jpg
    IMG_1895.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 103
Nice pic Missingskin; we have loads of foxgloves in our garden, mainly purple, but a few white ones too which must have survived from years back when we got a fancy packet of seeds of different coloured ones. They grow like weeds, which is how gardening should be. :D The white look great beside the purple ones, they set each other off really well.

Nice pic! But I don´t understand the joy of a bee, we have bloody to many and I keep on trying to crash their hives before they become to large. One hive has set nest inside the kitchen door frame though :evil:. I know they´re needed, but I don´t want to live with them.

It´s very nice with flowers though and it has been very hot here for a couple of weeks and now it´s like a jungle out there (from our front garden):
008800x559.jpg

Whilst on the RSPB Reserve that I volunteer for, I noticed last weekend that we had a few of these getting tall and begining to flower. There were also some nice Orchids dotted about.

Ian

soapalchemist said:
Nice pic Missingskin; we have loads of foxgloves in our garden, mainly purple, but a few white ones too which must have survived from years back when we got a fancy packet of seeds of different coloured ones. They grow like weeds, which is how gardening should be. :D The white look great beside the purple ones, they set each other off really well.

I also have white ones in the garden as well but they will not flower for a month or two. I am happy to let them spread as they were planted in a bare patch for that sole purpose. I am a haphazard gardener, my garden has no form I just plant things where I want to, but when all is in bloom it looks just fine to me. The honeysuckle and clematis are in full bloom at the moment and the jasmine is just starting to bud so that will be out in a week or two........ :D :D

Back
Top Bottom