Nanny's Warm Spice Cream Sample

I haven't forgotten Sharon honest....i have been away for a week or so and as yet haven't got the sample to try. (Will be sat waiting for me in our post bunk, so should be picking it up tomorrow).

I have been into camp (and again today) and am assured that nothing has come through for me! Not sure where it is! I am hoping that it is at the bottom of the post bunk and will be found when our normal postie returns on Monday....if not...it is a gonner!!! Bugger :cry:

AJP - any luck? So sorry if it's gone astray. It's very rare for anything to go missing. I had a message through ebay from someone who said they didn't receive their purchase a few weeks back, I offered him a refund or replacement and made a claim through RM; haven't heard from either since. So I'm wondering whether it finally turned up, even though it had been posted more than a month before. So it may arrive one day.

andyjreid said:
I've tried it a few times and really have nothing much to add to the previous reviews.

I find that for a cream it is pretty thirsty and I don't really like the "soap" smell in it. The spice smell is fine. Kinda smells like a spicy milky tea (an indian tea I once had).

Other than that this cream is a very good performer.

What!! Where can I get my hands on a sample of this? INDIAN TEA!!! WOOHOOOO

Hi Sharon. No not made it here as yet. Oh well, the other reviews seem to quite like it, so you would appear to have done a blinding job.

sonny said:
andyjreid said:
I've tried it a few times and really have nothing much to add to the previous reviews.

I find that for a cream it is pretty thirsty and I don't really like the "soap" smell in it. The spice smell is fine. Kinda smells like a spicy milky tea (an indian tea I once had).

Other than that this cream is a very good performer.

What!! Where can I get my hands on a sample of this? INDIAN TEA!!! WOOHOOOO

Many years ago when I was probably just a teenager and no more, myself and my brothers used to help out at the local indian restraunt (washing dishes etc). I say help out because we were paid a pittance but during our work we were fed and watered well.

I have no idea what was in the tea but I know they brewed it all day in a huge pot on the cooker and it was just wonderful.

I used to live almost next door to an Asian supermarket in Leeds, and they sold a product called tea masala. A swift Google turned up this recipe:

Water: 2 cups
Milk: 1 cup
Sugar to taste
Tea leaves: 3 tsp.
Black pepper: 3-4
Cloves: 2
Green cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp.
Brown cardamom powder: 1/4 tsp.
Ginger: 1/2 inch
Aniseed: 1/2 tsp.

Method:
1. Heat water in a pan.
2. Add sugar and tea masala (black pepper, cloves, green cardamom powder, brown cardamom powder, crushed ginger, aniseed) and bring it to boil.
3. Reduce the heat. Let it boil for another 5 minutes on low heat with pan partially covered.
4. When the bubbles start coming up, add tea leaves and milk.
5. Bring 3-4 boils and then switch off the gas.
6. Strain into the cups. Masala tea is ready to serve.

Reading that, I just fancy a cup ... of Turkish coffee.

I'm expecting to be at Glastonbury festival this year, and that is the only place I drink chai, which is what it's sold as there. Glastonbury wouldn't be complete without several cups a day.

A copy and paste of what I wrote on my SOFTD

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2977&p=37242#p37234" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2977&p=37242#p37234</a><!-- l -->

Nann's Warm Spice cream is lovely. Thought I'd try it with a very simple brush today and it was a delight. Slick (a bit like Cella) and a lovely warm scent. Straight into face lathering and a gorgeous, rich lather soon followed. It's a very easy lather for me to 'control'. Meaning, I don't have to worry about adding drops of water etc. as It works great from the off. The cream softens the hairs beautifully. I'll most probably be ditching my face soap/face wash as Nanny's cream leaves the skin feeling absolutely marvelous and the exfoliation from the brush does a top job to 'clean' the face. On a side note, I've noticed that I tend to like creams/soaps that produce a 'brilliant white' coloured lather. For example, Cella, Cyril rose and Nanny's Warm Spice are my favs and they all do this. Strange. Anyway, thank you Nanny and look forward to trying other products from your range in the near future.

Back
Top Bottom