Nanny's Vetyver Shaving Soap

Recently took possession of a jar of this as I already have the Nanny's Lavender and it is, indeed, lovely stuff.

The Vetyver is quite pungent and, on its own, can be a little too strong, scent-wise.

But combine it with the lavender and its really lifts the scent to a new level.

It certainly elevates the lavender scent so that it is kind of like a very expensive lavender cologne.

Anyone else here used the Nanny's Vetyver or combined Nanny's soaps?

I'd be genuinely interested to hear about the results. I may go for the Nanny's Patchouli soap next.

WiffWaff said:
I've got the Cedarwood and Vetyver hard soap... so already combined by Nanny! Lovely woody smell and I'd recommend if you're a bit of a woody-head like me.

It's on the list now Wiff Waff. Thanks for the recommendation.

Re: RE: Nanny's Vetyver Shaving Soap

WiffWaff said:
I've got the Cedarwood and Vetyver hard soap... so already combined by Nanny! Lovely woody smell and I'd recommend if you're a bit of a woody-head like me.
I have this one and agree. Very nice

Vetyver is certainly a scent I took a while to get used to, but it grew on me. It certainly is pungent! Down Home Summer is a mix of Vetyver and Lavender, and in the latest batch I've upped the Lavender as compared to the Vetyver, as I think it's an improvement. You might like it Sagesmith. :) Only in the soft soap at the moment.

soapalchemist said:
Vetyver is certainly a scent I took a while to get used to, but it grew on me. It certainly is pungent! Down Home Summer is a mix of Vetyver and Lavender, and in the latest batch I've upped the Lavender as compared to the Vetyver, as I think it's an improvement. You might like it Sagesmith. :) Only in the soft soap at the moment.

I'm really enjoying using it in combination with your Lavender soap - the two combined are great. But, I'll look out for the Down Home Summer when I've finished the current batch - will save me having to combine the two.

soapalchemist said:

Ok you got my interest, order just placed.

I couldn't get on with the smell, sorry Nanny:icon_redface:
But it now has a good home. The rest of the soaps I have are fantastic and will be buying more when they run out (all soft soaps)
Tea tree and aloe is gone, eucalyptus and tee tree half done, patchouli one third done.
All body/hand soaps finished and my skin has improved 10 fold since using these and will definatley be getting more of them.
Wonderful stuff and I would recommend them to anyone.

soapalchemist said:

WOW !!!

Great stuff ! The Lavender works very well together with the Vetyver, loads of thick lather from a small amount too.

Back
Top Bottom