Myrsol "flavours"

I don't believe that Dr D works for Gifts and Care.

My favourite Myrsol is the Limon. Also like the Blue, of which I have a 1ltr bottle - such great value. F/Extra is spot on too. When I run out of ASL (some time around 2020) then I may well just order Litre bottles of Blue, Agua Limon and F/Extra. That would do me for a while at great value. Litre bottles work out at £18ish.

DevonStan said:
Several months on from last post on this topic and just checking to see if there are any updates to availability of Myrsol (maybe in UK other than Carters, which seems rather pricey). A quick look seemed to indicate there might be 10 flavours which get most mention........ (excuse scrappy spelling)

Almost all bottles (the 200ml plastic ones) are 12.95 euros (£9.23)

Agua balsamica
F extra
Metilsol
Formula C
Blue
Emulsion
Aqua limon
Plastic
Formula K
Masaje (Antesol)

Haven't compared Gifts and Care directly with Your Shaving.com but G and C looks cheaper (assume postage to be 12.95 euros?)

If you bought all ten, would you expect a bit of discount or maybe free postage? Without discount and including postage from Gifts and care it tops a hundred pounds.

Is Dr. D. from G and C?

And, more to the point, why would you buy all ten? Maybe because it's such good stuff?

Finally, how might something like Murray and Lanman's Florida Water shape up in comparison in terms of performance. Obviously the smells are gonna be different. I happen to like the latter but it doesn't last long (but is lovely for a few delicious minutes).

The Helvster speaks words of great wisdom. I'm seldom without a bottle of the original Emulsion, a wonderful standby for pre and after shaving. Or, if needs be, Mr. Myrsol himself used to use it to shave daily instead of soap ( with the grain only was his personal shaving advice ).Hedonists, such as I aspire to be, indulge with Myrsol Blue shaving soap.

JohnnyO. O/

I think it's time to revive the thread and introduce these great products to the newer members.
Just returned from Madrid where I had a chance to grab a bottle of Balsamica and Emulsion myself, and in case anyone's interested - that was at Montane shop near Plaza Mayor (they have La Toja and other goodies too!).

Balsamica is still my favourite AS and I've still got some of the litre I bought left...Yay!

Just waiting on funds to order some Emulsion and trying to decide on two others to try. I've got Antesol, and like it, I'm not sure if it's camphor, but it actually reminds me of my trips to India, in a most pleasant way.

The Balsamica, I've yet to warm too, though I know many love it, and I think it gives my face a slight reaction, but I still try it from time to time. I've only smelt Speick in a shop, but think it is very close but might be more agreeable for me, just have to keep dropping hints to the wife to get me a bottle.

Anyway, I'm going to get the Lemon for sure, as I'm using Razor Master lemon soap quite a lot now and think that's the perfect match.

For bottle two, I'd love to hear some suggestions, I'm leaning towards the Don Miguel, because I do really like the smell of Jasmine, and am assuming this does smell like actual Jasmine.

The Don Miguel edc is almost pure jasmine to my nose, however just a word of caution, it really is quite a strong fragrance. Not one to be splashed around as liberally as 'Enry did with Brut.

JohnnyO. o/

Just waiting on funds to order some Emulsion and trying to decide on two others to try. I've got Antesol, and like it, I'm not sure if it's camphor, but it actually reminds me of my trips to India, in a most pleasant way.

The Balsamica, I've yet to warm too, though I know many love it, and I think it gives my face a slight reaction, but I still try it from time to time. I've only smelt Speick in a shop, but think it is very close but might be more agreeable for me, just have to keep dropping hints to the wife to get me a bottle.

Anyway, I'm going to get the Lemon for sure, as I'm using Razor Master lemon soap quite a lot now and think that's the perfect match.

For bottle two, I'd love to hear some suggestions, I'm leaning towards the Don Miguel, because I do really like the smell of Jasmine, and am assuming this does smell like actual Jasmine.

I used to have Lemon and it was absolutely fantastic, with great menthol kick as well. Need to get another bottle for the summer.

Thanks guys!
Have either of you tried the Blue? Better, worse, different?
I'm sure I'll get it at some point but since I have two bottles of the Floid version, don't feel any hurry. But love the idea of the complete combo set of soap, aftershave, and cologne.

The Don Miguel edc is almost pure jasmine to my nose, however just a word of caution, it really is quite a strong fragrance. Not one to be splashed around as liberally as 'Enry did with Brut.

JohnnyO. o/
I bought this one too, agree that it smells solely of strong jasmine. It was a bit odd, the kind of smell that would be ok as a bathroom air freshener, but not something I'd like to smell of.

Needless to say it got moved on.

Back
Top Bottom