My name is Eric, I come from Norwich, and ..

... I am a wet-shave-aholic. I have been unshaven for less than 24 hours. :icon_rolleyes:

I suppose my story is a familiar one; seduced by the promise of cheaper shaving, having been a brief cartridge user, I bought my "outfit", after some intense on-line research, in mid July. I already had some L'Occaitane, so just purchased a Merkur 34c, an Edwin Jagger best badger and 100 Derbys as a job lot from Amazon.

That was supposed to be it, done deal, nothing else needed, cheap shaving sorted. But, a Parker 99r followed, then some Proraso, then a lovely silver tipped brush from Shanghai (with a beautiful chrome stand), some Cella, and a proper selection of blades to play with. Oh yes and lovely 3x mirror from T K Max, blocks of alum, shaving scuttle, ....

Initially I did have a bit of guilt but I am much better now. I now realise that I've simply just acquired a new hobby that I wasn't expecting and I'm quite sanguine about the 1961 Gillette Slim adjustable that arrived last week from the States, via Ebay, and yes, the rest of the stuff that'll I no doubt also acquire in the future.

What is the fascination? Why is it so enjoyable? It's certainly meditative, maybe tinged with a slight danger? My skin is certainly so much nicer now than when it was being regularly scraped by a scaled down electric lawnmower. But money saving, give me a break :icon_lol:

So there you are, that's me.

Any thoughts on how to store/display my increasing population of shaving requisites?

Welcome Aboard Eric...You're going to fit right in and just love it on here.....
As you say ...A GREAT Hobby that you just weren't expecting....But then neither was I....LOTS OF GREAT NEW TOYS....YEAH.

Hi & very welcome Eric. Running out of space eh ........................... I do believe that's the same challenge which led to Steve leasing his first industrial unit out at Brentwood. Course that was prior to the warehouse at an undisclosed location near the chunnel.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Hi Eric, welcome! I put up another mini shelf in the bathroom after starting DE shaving but it got full very quickly. I need to trim back on colognes, but a pending order won't help. I suspect you will ALWAYS need more space. ;-)

Welcome to TSR Eric;

As regards economic shaving, a quick total of my expenditure in the past six weeks, comes to £217.33 of internet sales alone.

Fortunately my wife finds this "obsession", as she refers to it, amusing at the moment. Good job she'll never see my credit card bill though... :angel:

Cheers,

Gordon

Back
Top Bottom