My Holy Grail razor...maybe.

I took a look at that listing as well. A better BBS-1 combination for me for overall balance would be a titanium handle with stainless head. The stainless head is very light in stock form while the handle could benefit from the lighter weight titanium material.

Hey grats on getting a BBS-1! Do you by chance know the "serial number" of yours?
Please do post your thoughts on it when you get it!

Note: It seems like LA Shaving might have a small qty available now..I'd recommend emailing John directly....

#139 landed on my doorstep this afternoon, courtesy of a kind forum member via unobtanium trade. It's in splendid, virtually new condition. I plan to take it out for a spin in the morning, hoping it will join the Wolfman WR1-OC .74mm and iKon 2010 Deluxe OC LE in my ruling razor junta. If it's good enough, perhaps it will be King!

20161112_160433_resized.jpg 20161112_160449_resized.jpg

#139 landed on my doorstep this afternoon, courtesy of a kind forum member via unobtanium trade. It's in splendid, virtually new condition. I plan to take it out for a spin in the morning, hoping it will join the Wolfman WR1-OC .74mm and iKon 2010 Deluxe OC LE in my ruling razor junta. If it's good enough, perhaps it will be King!

View attachment 21897 View attachment 21898
Beautiful. Do tell how the shave went..

Last edited:
First shave with BBS-1 #139 this morning. As Darkbulb noted, this is an amazing razor. The shave was as smooth and efficient as any I have ever had. Some preliminary observations:

The razor is indeed finished like a fine piece of jewelry - I almost hate to clog it with soap and whiskers as a mere shaving implement.
It makes a great, musical cutting sound
It is more comfortable/efficient on my neck area than any of my other razors.
The grip and balance is perfect for me

After only one shave, the BBS-1 shares a spot with my other two favorites. I'll continue to use it daily for a while before reaching a final judgement, but odds are that it will ultimately be the unchallenged King of my den.

First shave with BBS-1 #139 this morning. As Darkbulb noted, this is an amazing razor. The shave was as smooth and efficient as any I have ever had. Some preliminary observations:

The razor is indeed finished like a fine piece of jewelry - I almost hate to clog it with soap and whiskers as a mere shaving implement.

After only one shave, the BBS-1 shares a spot with my other two favorites. I'll continue to use it daily for a while before reaching a final judgement, but odds are that it will ultimately be the unchallenged King of my den.

Happy you also liked it.
As mentioned earlier...the only 'bad' thing is that it has for now almost completely killed my DE RAD :)

Agreed. Think I'm done. I have a Blackbird Polished OC on order, but that should be it for me.

That and the b&r adjustable.
Don't care about the upcoming parker, rocca, bullgoose Darwin, etc any more.

If this BBS-1 turns out to be the DE RAD killer it seems to be...it might be the best money I've ever spent on a razor :)

What are your other two favorite razors?

Too early to tell. They are both great but different. Based upon only one shave with the BBS-1, it is a buttery smooth and efficient razor. The Wolfman with .74mm gap has a bit more direct blade feel, but not in a bad way. I find it superbly efficient and enjoyable as well, though it requires a bit lighter touch than the BBS-1.

Cheers. Which do you prefer, the BBS-1 or the Wolfman? Probably too early to say I know but...

Not to answer on behalf of @gagarin but since I also have these two razors - with the WRH7 handle - my $0.003 is that the BBS-1 is the 'better' razor. There is just something about how smooth and effortless it is. A truly remarkable shaving experience

Not to answer on behalf of @gagarin but since I also have these two razors - with the WRH7 handle - my $0.003 is that the BBS-1 is the 'better' razor. There is just something about how smooth and effortless it is. A truly remarkable shaving experience

I thought I'd come to terms with never owning a Wolfman but seeing your BBS-1 I'm struggling.

Back
Top Bottom