My handwriting's gone to hell!

Instead of teaching me to write left handed properly school tried to make me write right handed. Thank you school. NOT! As a result my handwriting has always been terrible so computers have been a great deal of help. I wish I could touch type though.

One thing I've found though, since using a tablet with SwiftKey is that my typing on a regular keyboard has gone downhill........

Catholic school or teacher was it? The latin for left or left-handed is sinistre or sinister as it was thought of by many cultures.

I hand write a few letters to friends every year as my writing is still okay thanks to a sadistic junior school teacher who made us practice our letter forms till our fingers bled. I thank her in hindsight as I've adopted her methods, I don't expect any thanks either.

I like to try out my calligraphy skills or lack of sometimes and calligraphy pens can be had quite cheap.

Incidentally I no longer type but swipe 'swiftkey' makes typing faster and easier just need to give it a week to learn your style of linguistic typography.

My writing is as semi legible as it always was. I have to take notes of telephone conversations frequently during the day so I get practise. Interestingly, the online teacher of a Chinese course I'm doing says that many Chinese people are losing the ability to write well, as they are using computers and phones to write. So as long as they can recognise and select the appropriate character, they can get by.

Back
Top Bottom