MWF

Tomrow I plan on shaving with MWF for the first time ...so I decided to have a pratice lather with it i know that sounds a bit geeky after a few goes with my BK4 brush, I think I've cracked it,what a lather!!!!

Any boddy got any tips with shaving with it

I found it was areally good all round lather - unfortunately, it left me with a few blotches (maybe a mild allergy to Lanolin) so I gave it away.

I'd be interested to see if you get a reaction.

I soak the puck and my brush in lukewarm water, then drain the water before loading the brush. It's better than using hot water apparently. Certainly works for me, and I have hard water.

UKRob said:
I found it was areally good all round lather - unfortunately, it left me with a few blotches (maybe a mild allergy to Lanolin) so I gave it away.

I'd be interested to see if you get a reaction.

I'll keep you informed with the SOTD post and report then.

FrankieG said:
I soak the puck and my brush in lukewarm water, then drain the water before loading the brush. It's better than using hot water apparently. Certainly works for me, and I have hard water.

I do have hard water thanks for the advice gents.

NotTheStig said:
Add the warm water bit by bit while lathering. Worked best for me.
Happy birthday.

Thanks for the happy birthday bud,

When I lather that's exactly what I do,LOL or "mixing the cement" as I personally refer to it as. See why it takes me so long when shaving now.

Been using it for about a month now almost exclusively. At first I found it a bit tricky to get the water soap ratio spot on. Now I love it :icon_biggrin:
Loading the brush for a long time say 30 secs to a minute works best for me. My skin feels moisturised and smooth after shaving with this.
Managed to get some refills from Wingham wool who are near to me at £5.40. They do an on line service too.
Brian

782sirbrian said:
Been using it for about a month now almost exclusively. At first I found it a bit tricky to get the water soap ratio spot on. Now I love it :icon_biggrin:
Loading the brush for a long time say 30 secs to a minute works best for me. My skin feels moisturised and smooth after shaving with this.
Managed to get some refills from Wingham wool who are near to me at £5.40. They do an on line service too.
Brian

I've often seen people having trouble with the fat, the way people say things about it makes it sound ornery. I'm hoping to like it and if I can ( fingers crossed) it can be another choice to make for the shave,
Thanks Brian will check them out.

I think what I'll do is use all the tips tomrow and play it by ear,my highly trained mk1 eyeball should help get the results thanks gents and thanks TSR.

I've been using it for 6 months or so now, it's so good I don't bother with any rotation.
Don't do anything special I just load it up and face lather using either an Omega Boar or a Chinese Badger (made into brushes of course). If I remember I splash hot water on the puck whilst filling the sink but otherwise I just do at least 20 to 30 seconds of loading up and then go.

Very soft water up here and MWF fairly chucks out the lather. If I get too much water in the brush, I just give it a shake. I too ran feart of the fat for a while but heaven knows why now I'm using it. If you can lather Sainsbury's Pure, you can lather just about anything! Might make an exception for the current Erasmic stick which is going in the shed shortly to be used a screw lubricant. Ooer......:blush:

FrankieG said:

I do this as well. Add a drop of warm water in to the Ceramic dish and put the top back on and leave it while my brush soaks. then drain and load. I'm in a hard water area and I get a great lather with it especially with my Pro48. Although it took me a little while to suss this out.

I've also found that it likes a bit of water and do about 3 dips while loading straight on to the face.

I love this soap, just smells like old soap and perfect for shaving with. Takes me back to a time when as a little 'un my grandad used to shave in the kitchen sink while the bacon was frying on the cooker. Ah those good old days.

I've got a puck of MWF sitting waiting for my inaugural bash with it. I think I will wait until Christmas Eve when I am off, the nipper is with aging GrandP's and I have time to wallow a little the bathroom.

As for brush - either my Omega Boar or my Vulfix 404 badger/boar... that should do it (unless, of course, my custom Neep has landed).

Could also be the moment to break in my new Feather AS.... with a feather blade.

I'm expecting great things of this combination, but as someone once said "there is no bigger burden than a great potential".

Cheers,

Jon

To be honest I think the mystique with MWF is slightly uncalled for, so long as you warm up the puck with water and load the brush properly and lather/add water as needed you shouldn't have to much of a problem, just use your loaf.
I live in a hard water area and the lather was fantastic, even Mrs J want's to shave with it ( and will ) I was scared of The Fat..... but not now :icon_razz:

A silly question, but do you close the lid of the MWF ceramic bowl immediately after shaving or let the puck dry first? I usually lather in the bowl itself and then put the lid back on after finishing the shave.

Back
Top Bottom