Muhle Rocca

Phil, you'll probably end up buying a few cheaper razors thinking Rocca is expensive! Then you will end up buying a Rocca! It is a great razor, although It took a few shaves to get used to it after the milder EJ I used for a year. Super smooth face after 2 passes plus touch up and no irritation with my sensitive skin. Use a good soap or cream and prepare your face well. I have only 2 soaps. Meißner and MWF which are both wonderful and leave my face so soft I need no balm. The black handle Rocca is cheaper than the wood but I wish I'd paid extra for the wood.

Having owned one now for a few weeks, i have adjusted my technique and got used to the Rocca. I realise that it is good value for money in comparison and am glad that I stumped up the cash.
I went for the black handle, not because it was cheaper, but I feel looks more classy with a timeless quality.

Very old thread but just had my first shave with Rocca after 3-4 days growth with Polsilver SI. I don't shave daily and this isn't daily shave razor imo.

I've been using Karve OC-C plate exclusively for last 2 months and also tried the OC-E plate. Compared to Karve OC's this is in between OC-C and OC-E in my eye.

Blade is not supported as good as the Karve. Man the Karve got that blade support thing right, blade is rigid like concrete. Not so much on the Rocca but that doesn't seem to cause any issues.

I don't know why the new modern razors doesn't support the blade as much?

Rocca didn't feel as aggressive as Karve OC-E which gave me the carving feeling on my face after couple of shaves. Also it gave me a closer shave in less passes than OC-C does and definitely more blade feel which I really like.

I'm on the hunt for OC-D for the Karve.

Massive thank you to @Steve Bowles for piffing this razor to me.

Back
Top Bottom