Morons (pun intended)

Here are a few photos I took up in The Mournes on Easter Monday, a few days before most of the heather was turned into a blackened mess by morons deliberately starting fires for fun :(

item.JPG

item.JPG

item.JPG

item.JPG

item.JPG

item.JPG

I'm the handsome guy being admired by Stoneface

item.JPG

item.JPG

item.JPG

item.JPG

Blyth Spirit said:
Great shots Paul. The first one steals it for me...well played.

:)
That's a view of Ben Crom reservoir, taken from Slieve Binnian. The only difference between this and any other photo is that there is a bit of leg work involved. From the starting point to the top of Binnian and back is a moderate hike of around 3hrs 45 mins. My son, Martyn, was with me and we were both a bit knackered by the time we got back, however it was thoroughly enjoyable and the scenery in reality is so much better than a photo can show :D

tritrek said:
Nice place, nice shots! Do you have any shots from the "blackened" earth?
I haven't been down there again yet, but there has been plenty on the news about it and the area really does look a bit the worse for wear. My wife has booked a 1 hour helicopter trip over The Mournes for me as a birthday present and it is scheduled for 25th June, so I'll see the full extent of the damage then. I'm sure I'll be down for a hike before then, though.

Back
Top Bottom