More Method Shaving lunacy

Big.Dave said:
I just watched another of his shaving video's in HD and noticed he doesn't use a Blade in his razor!!!!! whats that all about.

Which one? I know he has a blade in it for at least one of his videos as you see a blood spot appear. No doubt this happens because he insists that, with his products, you can "cut the buttress" or whatever he calls it repeatedly, at high speed and with no discernible lather (sorry, wet mix primer substrate bollocks) at all. I must admit I got rather bad-spirited pleasure out of seeing that weeper.:angel:

chrisbell said:
Big.Dave said:
I just watched another of his shaving video's in HD and noticed he doesn't use a Blade in his razor!!!!! whats that all about.

Which one? I know he has a blade in it for at least one of his videos as you see a blood spot appear. No doubt this happens because he insists that, with his products, you can "cut the buttress" or whatever he calls it repeatedly, at high speed and with no discernible lather (sorry, wet mix primer substrate bollocks) at all. I must admit I got rather bad-spirited pleasure out of seeing that weeper.:angel:

http://youtu.be/oHUhMh-6HZw

what do you reckon?

Big.Dave said:
chrisbell said:
Big.Dave said:

http://youtu.be/oHUhMh-6HZw

what do you reckon?

Impossible to see, IMO. He's so bloody hyperactive, waving the thing around like a conductors baton that I really can't judge either way. BTW, I love the comments - no wonder he disabled them in later videos!:angel:

What a twat. I didn't make it to the end but from what I can gather he is saying that shaving is like mowing the lawn. If you cut in one direction it leaves a pattern that stays there for 24 hours. If that is correct all you need to do to align your facial hair a certain way is to shave your whole face in the same direction. Utter lunacy. What a twat.

I learned more from watching Willi Peter shaving in his kitchen in relative silence than watching Charles Roberts in his lab/shop spouting his utter bollocks.

That man could complicate a game of snap.

Pig Cat said:
What a twat. I didn't make it to the end but from what I can gather he is saying that shaving is like mowing the lawn. If you cut in one direction it leaves a pattern that stays there for 24 hours. If that is correct all you need to do to align your facial hair a certain way is to shave your whole face in the same direction. Utter lunacy. What a twat.

Not forgetting to pitch the razor against the buttress on the fourth quadrant in the second form whilst priming the mix with slag from the cube and cutting paste.:icon_rolleyes::icon_razz:

joe mcclaine said:
I learned more from watching Willi Peter shaving in his kitchen in relative silence than watching Charles Roberts in his lab/shop spouting his utter bollocks.

That man could complicate a game of snap.

Willi Peter is the legend Charlie boy wishes he was.

joe mcclaine said:

Yes, totally agree. The Willi vid inspired me to just go for it, and my technique has improved as a result. If my lather isn't perfect (and it rarely is) then technique and confidence get me through with no problems. Roberts seems to be preying on people who both crave complicated routines and lack confidence in their own ability to slice some hair off their faces.

I can't decide whether I think he's just a total charlatan or whether he's so deluded that he actually thinks that his products and method are superior to soap/cream, brush, and shaving WTG and XTG.

The comments for that video are hilarious!

And I can't believe people have fallen for the torrents of horse excrement he's spouting and have actually purchased his products.

A fool and his money............................

I've recently discovered YouTube's Interactive Transcript button. It's a kind of subtitle service that doesn't seem to work very well.

I like the transcript at 5'00 - "do this this is an absolute crap"

:icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

I did a bit of digging before I went to sleep last night and (surprisingly to me) saw some fans on B&B and Mantic videos on Youtube.

I decided to suspend my cynicism and watch the Mantic videos and all they've done is reawaken my cynicism!!

I'd have to try it I suppose but it does seem strange to me that all these products are only available from one vendor of them, and also the amount of wastage generated in the Mantic videos is huge!

Has anyone on here tried it?

Tall_Paul said:
I did a bit of digging before I went to sleep last night and (surprisingly to me) saw some fans on B&B and Mantic videos on Youtube.

I decided to suspend my cynicism and watch the Mantic videos and all they've done is reawaken my cynicism!!

I'd have to try it I suppose but it does seem strange to me that all these products are only available from one vendor of them, and also the amount of wastage generated in the Mantic videos is huge!

Has anyone on here tried it?

Sounds like someone saying they will 'take one' for the team.

joe mcclaine said:
Sounds like someone saying they will 'take one' for the team.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

To me, putting some slag on my face means something entirely different (sorry to lower the tone here).

Plus my wife already rolls her eyes at my 'lotions and potions'. If I placed another 6 pots of crap on the bathroom counter the grief would be unbelievable.

Dipesh said:
I agree with you. I have watched in the last for a giggle.

A good one was when he was using his stuff with the new Muhle synthetics. The amount of mess he makes on him is quite funny.

Do you mean this video here?

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w39fsSBFSQM&list=UUpEw8F7aJKl56t_OjvIPZkg&index=2&feature=plcp[/video]

I had to chuckle when he said he'd destroyed a brush in five months. Then, having watched the video, I fully understand why.

Prime the breech, form the head and shoulders, slab it, lay it up and cut it and then buy a new brush after about four months.

I notice he now recommends building your slab\slag\paste (sounds like something trolls would ingest in Discworld) using a 'specially constructed' Hydrolast face flannel! I wonder why?

Back
Top Bottom