More Method Shaving lunacy

dodgy said:
I won't comment on Charles or his schtick right now, but I gotta say j hooking is a handy part of my everyday shave. It's used on my neck every shave, and sometimes on my face if I feel like it. That circular cutting motion really cleans things up nicely for me, especially on a few tough neck areas. It hits the weirdly growing grain in ways my other passes don't quite cover.
With a straight razor there's an action referred to as a scythe cut i.e. where the heel of the blade travels less than the toe - which gives a much cleaner cut. I assume that J hooking with a DE achieves the same result.

Incidentally, even though i never knew that the term existed I naturally use this jhook when shaving with a DE ATG under the chin - so to say that someone invented it is like saying someone invented taking a cr*p to get rid of excess waste.

hunnymonster said:
chrisbell said:
... the greatest thing since sliced white...

What is actually good about pre-sliced bread though? Particularly the shite, I mean white variety?

What's doin heinymeister,

Nothing I like more than a good slice of French bread with some sweet butter. Actually, there's a bunch of other different breads that are great. To me, in general, a somewhat crispy crust really can add to the overall experience.

Having said that, I do have a soft spot for generic sliced white bread, Yeah, it's what I grew up on (Wonder Bread), and I still like how it toasts. Plus, it makes a good bologna sammich with no sharp corners.....heh. Pretty soft texture I know.....very insipid taste...I know that too. I will still buy it on occasion though.

Martin

Oh yeah, the slogan (true) for Wonder Bread was ' Helps build strong bodies twelve different ways'. Hah, good one eh?

Re: RE: More Method Shaving lunacy

UKRob said:
dodgy said:
I won't comment on Charles or his schtick right now, but I gotta say j hooking is a handy part of my everyday shave. It's used on my neck every shave, and sometimes on my face if I feel like it. That circular cutting motion really cleans things up nicely for me, especially on a few tough neck areas. It hits the weirdly growing grain in ways my other passes don't quite cover.
With a straight razor there's an action referred to as a scythe cut i.e. where the heel of the blade travels less than the toe - which gives a much cleaner cut. I assume that J hooking with a DE achieves the same result.

Incidentally, even though i never knew that the term existed I naturally use this jhook when shaving with a DE ATG under the chin - so to say that someone invented it is like saying someone invented taking a cr*p to get rid of excess waste.

agree. It is common in the software world though. See Apple vs. Samsung.

Yeah, something like that.

xQBRs.jpg

Apple-computer-headquarters.jpg

stevec said:
hehe, do a search for "turbo entabulator" on youtube or similar, you might find out where he should have learnt his presentation skills from!

steve

At least Bud Haggart didn't keep ..... um going ....... um........ er......... in his um........ Turbo encabulator presentation!

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag[/video]

Have been guffawing along to some more videos tonight.

Second best video comment

Next step, take a few squirts of your hydrogenic emulsification balm, squirt it into your activated primer compound. Curl your fingers around to the front, I call this the hand cup. DO NOT tip the hand cup...DO NOT TIP the hand cup! Now fold the cloth into thirds, then lengthwise, then quarters, and now into a paper swan. Squeeze the swan's head to extract the swan milk. Hold your left foot with your right ring finger, this is where you viscerate the cortex of the slag, and populate the terrain

Best video comment (made even better, I think, by the poor english)

Thief, swindler, Stop your stupid video. Sell useless products, Pay for expensive and useless products.

Back
Top Bottom