Mongoose V6 razor - one for the wishlist?

Bruce Weber is known to me, so well known to me that the handle of the mongoose razor was named after my nickname on the big shave.
I can tell you that the production razor is being manufactured as we speak. Bruce wants the razor to cost less than the cobra and the price point although not yet revealed will be around the same as other all stainless steel razors currently on the market.
Currently i'm the only person in the UK to have half this razor. Bruce gifted me the bulkier alternative 'Dub legend' handle.

Hiya,

Interesting injector razor that's got the build and weight of a DE version. Yep, that is what this thing and also the Cobra is.....a supercharged injector. If you like that sorta shave then very possibly you will love the Mongoose.

The idea of using my own handle appeals to me for sure, being familiar with how handles can change the shave. I'm guessing there will be a very smart option of selling the head only.

Then you get to use those real sharp blades.........if they fit you and if the razor isn't too aggressive. Those are non changeable things that hopefully are ok.

The head is just a little too long for my taste. Needs to be somewhere between the blade size used here and a regular injector blade. Heh, there's nothing to be done about that......just saying I would like a slightly shorter head but that's just me. Also, I would guess that the head on this and the Cobra would be different looking if it wasn't designed around a certain size blade.

This is something to test drive sometime in the future.....looks promising.

Martin

I have never used a Cobra but I exclusively use the King Cobra now.
I get very close shaves with no irritation.

It would be very interesting to see how this compares.

Dubster said:
It isn't an injector razor Martin ;)

Certainly the loading system's not the same, but I see similar things in the Cobra I tried and other injectors.

Blades are similarly designed and the 'injector' dispenser is the same I think. You have to push a blade out.

Only sharp on one side.......very stiff blade with no play. Somewhat similar shaves and neither being like a DE shave.

What other shaving system would you describe the Mongoose as using?

Martin

It uses injector blades, but you don't use an injector. It's 3 piece in design to be like a DE razor.
It's it's own animal i guess, but Bruce himself designed it and will be quick to tell you it isn't an injector ;)

There were 4 people that tested the many prototypes and the finished products. I'm fortunate to know these fine gents. They all own, or have used cobras so were able to make the comparison. All of them say the mongoose shaves better.
The reason it's named 'mongoose' is because it was designed to beat a cobra, lol

Dubster said:
It uses injector blades, but you don't use an injector. It's 3 piece in design to be like a DE razor.
It's it's own animal i guess, but Bruce himself designed it and will be quick to tell you it isn't an injector ;)

There were 4 people that tested the many prototypes and the finished products. I'm fortunate to know these fine gents. They all own, or have used cobras so were able to make the comparison. All of them say the mongoose shaves better.
The reason it's named 'mongoose' is because it was designed to beat a cobra, lol

Ok, it uses injector blades, but it's not an injector razor of some kind? It's designed to look and operate like a DE head and that part I understand, but it ain't gonna shave like any DE I have tried. No, I shouldn't say that, having not seen any close up Mongoose pics. I CAN say it about the Cobra though, having used that thing.

I see the Cobra shaving much like an extremely solid, great feeling in the hand injector razor. That's the sort of shaving experience for me. Nothing like using a DE razor. The way it's held and the angle of attack is very injector like. Maybe the mongoose will be different somehow.

Martin

Oh yeah, I got the mongoose reference, having read some stuff by a Limey named Kipness or Kiplemann or something like that.

Alas Martin, i have shaved with neither. I'm waiting to see if i'll be lucky enough to snag one of the first batch. I don't think there'll be many of these, i don't think Bruce is looking to produce huge amounts of them.
I'm just as interested in seeing what this razor shaves like.

Martin, let me see if i can get you a close up pic of the razor.

Here is a SOTD pic from one of the testers.

Attachments

• IMG_90571399720157.jpeg
    IMG_90571399720157.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 69
Dubster said:
Martin, let me see if i can get you a close up pic of the razor.

Here is a SOTD pic from one of the testers.

Thanks for the pic. Now I don't quite know what to think about the angle of attack. Guess I'll wait to get more info on that intriguing piece.

I would definitely like to try this razor. It's very appealing that almost any handle will fit and designed to resemble a DE razor that with use Feather or Kai SE injector blades that can give an equal or superior shave.

It certainly does not have the design appeal of the original Cobra - which is not to say it won't be in demand.

Martin - I think the name you were searchiung for is Kim Rudling - or something similar.

Back
Top Bottom