MMOC V ER 1924 -

mpf9ret

Supporter
Supporter
Since returning to wet Shaving, have been wary of using so called aggressive razors.
I had suffered quite badly with Cartridge razors, so initially used modern adjustables.

I am now trying some SE razors, mainly E R family. Agree with many that 1912, is
user friendly. and have recently had a week on a 1924.With care found this to be
really good. I tried MMFW which is a forgiving razor, but have not acquired a MMOC,as
it is rated as very aggressive.

I have read that some TSR members think that the 1924, is perhaps more aggressive
than the MMOC. Would be interested to hear the views of those who have tried both
these razors. I then can perhaps decide whether to acquire one.

Mike B

mikebrownington said:
I haven't tried the 1924 but find the MMOC gives a fairly easy, comfortable shave. They are cheap as chips so just get one and see for yourself! Have you tried a 1914 - that is possibly my favourite!
Yes, have one loaded up to go this week, after finishing off the current blade in a 1912.

Greetings

Mike this is a question to which everybody will have a different answer. I personally find the aggression of the two razors very similar perhaps the ER 1924 is a little more aggressive.

As to which is best again it is do you prefer lamb or beef? For me there is not a scrap of doubt in my mind, I genuinely believe the GEM OCMM the best shaving safety razor ever made, others will disagree.

One of the plus points with all three of the Micromatics is that the head (frame) size is relatively small and neat, this is especially so compared with the head of the 1924 which is big and 'meaty' I find this makes a more manoeuvrable razor and the TTO actions on the Micromatics are the original TTO razors and have never been beaten for reliability and ease of use.

Why don't I send you my spare OCMM and you can make up your own mind.

Regards
Dick.

Norfolkdick said:
Greetings

Mike this is a question to which everybody will have a different answer. I personally find the aggression of the two razors very similar perhaps the ER 1924 is a little more aggressive.

As to which is best again it is do you prefer lamb or beef? For me there is not a scrap of doubt in my mind, I genuinely believe the GEM OCMM the best shaving safety razor ever made, others will disagree.

One of the plus points with all three of the Micromatics is that the head (frame) size is relatively small and neat, this is especially so compared with the head of the 1924 which is big and 'meaty' I find this makes a more manoeuvrable razor and the TTO actions on the Micromatics are the original TTO razors and have never been beaten for reliability and ease of use.

Why don't I send you my spare OCMM and you can make up your own mind.

Regards
Dick.
PM Sent

The day for the MMOC.
Somewhat wary of this my first shave with an open comb razor. Made sure i had a good lather.

With a blade worn in to 2, i was amazed at how easy it was to use. A very good shave
achieved,with no discomfort. IMHO less aggressive than the !924, which also is a great
Shaver. Will carry on using MMOC on alternate days,to other SE`s. Streamline tomorrow.

Have learnt in my short experience of SE razors, if you treat them with respect and get
the angle right ,they all shave well.

Thanks to Dick, who lent me this razor and a MMCP. Have ordered the latter, but not
the OC,till i had tried it.Now must get one.
Mike B

Back
Top Bottom