Mmmmm.... Chunky Rubber

My daily is a K11.
Its not big and its not clever, but it is boringly reliable.
Ive just treated it to its winter boots.
156990_167357203304164_100000896553196_331010_7550088_n.jpg

I do love chunky rubber.
These will stop on till March or April, by then they will be fairly well shredded as they are very soft rubber.

I had a Sunny for a while, and it was a cracking if unassuming car, and may well still be running. Other Nissan experiences: an Almera hire car (loathed it), and a test drive in a breathed on 350Z. Which was scrotumtighteningly impressive. :eek:

Father Ted said:
My daily is a K11.
Its not big and its not clever, but it is boringly reliable.
Ive just treated it to its winter boots.
156990_167357203304164_100000896553196_331010_7550088_n.jpg

I do love chunky rubber.
These will stop on till March or April, by then they will be fairly well shredded as they are very soft rubber.

If this is your 'daily' what do you have for the weekend?

Suzuki Burgman 650 (thanks to an earlier altercation with a Renner Megane, a couple of weeks eating hospital food, and an ability to set body scanners beeping now - Im off geared bikes).
Its in mothballs until the ice melts though.

quattrojames said:
I have a quattro. Someone said it snowed?

;)

A Torsion or Haldex quattro? I found the Haldex system on the A3 vastly inferior to the torsion system on A4. The A3 would shift the power about as and when it sees fit, it is is supposed to be quicker to react and save fuel by only using 4WD when needed, but the issue I had was halfway round a sharp corner the whole balance of the car shifted because the computer decided to shift it.

The Torsion system is older and could be said to be inferior but it is permanent 4WD and purely mechanical so far easier to get to grips with, but uses more fuel. Both are good but a good set of winter tyres will help any car, add those to your Quattro and it should serve you well through the slippy times.

I just leave the Z4 in the drive, I am using a Corsa for now....deep joy.... :lol:

Nearly 4 years' wear on the Cooper Discover ATRs on my Cherokee (all year round) - not high mileage since I retired.

[attachment=0]

Normally run in 2WD but 4WD in adverse/rough conditions or when towing the Nuffield to shows/rallies.

Attachments

• tyre.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 60
That should serve you well Briallen, I agree if you are low mileage leave the ATR's on.

Has anyone noticed how quickly we return to stupidity? We had a rain shower which has washed a lot of the snow away, it looks clearer but there are black ice patches which are worse then the snow. I ventured out by foot to the shops to see how clear the roads were between my house and the main road and people are scooting about like maniacs.

One van driver forced this car into the piles of snow at the side because the clear section was on his side (so he did have right of way). All he had to do was wait 10 seconds and they would have met at a point where it was clear right across the road and could pass safely. Others are right up peoples chuff because they being a little cautious and not right at the speed limit.

Crazy world :roll:

Yep, have finished work early as im totally fed up with the bloody idiots on the road. Although driving for the past four days has been an absolute joy with the clear roads and and constant howls of laughter watching the few people who did try to drive. Wish we had it more often.

drove back over woodhead the other day despite it being shut,there was an arctic in front foreign,was doing at least 45 all the way..dropped well back as convinced he was going to jackknife it or tip it..he went past the 2 30mph speed cameras at 40+ flashed both times..lunatic :shock:

Back
Top Bottom