Mixing soaps...

Mixing Soaps Might be Fun..BUT..Mixing Soaps Can Mix Various Chemicals & Scents Between Soaps & It Can Cause Havoc on the Skin..In Fact..Using a Hand Soap before a Shaving Soap Can Do the Same..:)

Billy
Yes, anybody with particurly sensitive skin should be cautious of such experiments and perhaps it is safe always to do a patch test first.
Just because this particular mix worked for me is no gauantee it will work for all. :) P.

I've been doing this for a good while, too, mostly off samples. Herecy, some would say; nothing to lose, I say. I have considered Billy's point about possible chemical reactions, but so far so good on that front. The only downside is that the blend tends to go softer than its constituent parts, possibly simply from the stirring.

Rather than a 'mixed' label on the container, I go with names. Current ones are Fougere Fusion (classic and fougere types, including LPL, SDM), Italian Stallion (Italian barbershop, including SMN, ADP and Nuavia), A Very Ventus Soap (a few Aventus dupes plus a spray or two of the fragrance itself), and Bitches Brew (truly a brew; various Grandstaffs, B&M Seville, Myrkvidr, ...). Four in number, in other words.

*Damn, I should be offering my services as a brand and name consultant.

I've been doing this for a good while, too, mostly off samples. Herecy, some would say; nothing to lose, I say. I have considered Billy's point about possible chemical reactions, but so far so good on that front. The only downside is that the blend tends to go softer than its constituent parts, possibly simply from the stirring.

Rather than a 'mixed' label on the container, I go with names. Current ones are Fougere Fusion (classic and fougere types, including LPL, SDM), Italian Stallion (Italian barbershop, including SMN, ADP and Nuavia), A Very Ventus Soap (a few Aventus dupes plus a spray or two of the fragrance itself), and Bitches Brew (truly a brew; various Grandstaffs, B&M Seville, Myrkvidr, ...). Four in number, in other words.

*Damn, I should be offering my services as a brand and name consultant.

Those sound brilliant!! I knew I couldn't be the only one who thought of it.
Glad to hear there isn't any reactions to the various combinations.
I have a few ideas for mixtures. Thankfully Christmas is coming up.
Shave on!

Here is mine. An estimate of 10+ different soaps are in the container. They are the remainings from samples l received from my wetshaving friends.

NxzFuLw.jpg

A Very Ventus Soap (a few Aventus dupes plus a spray or two of the fragrance itself)

I did something similiar.
I got half of Stirling Executive Man from a fellow wetshaver and the soap seemed as it lost it's scent. Don't know if that is actually what Executive Man should smell like but I expected much stronger scent according to reviews and youtube.
Anyway, I poured a little of Fine Platinum aftershave in it. It smells great now. Very Ventus. I'm doing a shave with it tomorrow, hopefully the it won't hurt the lather.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom