Mitchell's wool fat

The great thing about MWF is that even if you don't get a really thick and dense lather, it still shaves great.

When I lather it using the "quick & dirty" way, I just let some water sit on the top of the puck, let the boar brush soak, dump the water, load the boar very vigorously, and lather directly to my face. Lather's not as thick as if I really caressed it, but it's more than good enough.

I will see when I get it. I know the puck is bigger than Trumpers..

I have a Duke 3 to collect so I am looking forward to Thurs PM. 3 days growth, new soap, new brush, I might even use my newly plated and never used Fatboy or RedTip............

Mmm, RAD,BAD,SAD,CAD and more blades than I can use in the next 10 years....... It is a poser!

Arrived today from NkdMan...a very faint hint of a smell to it, and lathers so easily.
Will be interesting to compare with the MdC that should be arriving in due course.

Do we actually know all the different brands this is sold under?
Do MWF buy it in and rebadge for everyone else?..ie who actually makes it for them?

My puck fits in a round 100ml snap lid (3 for £1) from a poundshop, with a little room round the edges.

cootuk said:
Arrived today from NkdMan...a very faint hint of a smell to it, and lathers so easily.
Will be interesting to compare with the MdC that should be arriving in due course.

Do we actually know all the different brands this is sold under?
Do MWF buy it in and rebadge for everyone else?..ie who actually makes it for them?

My puck fits in a round 100ml snap lid (3 for £1) from a poundshop, with a little room round the edges.

mine arrived this morning from nkdman aswell, had my first shave with as soon as it arrived, works a treat with Teesside water.
I loaded up my brush as I normally do and had enough soap to do a three pass aswell as a two pass on my head.
Love the smell of mwf and my skin feels amazing

Soap fits perfectly in empty Trumpers container, small gap around the edges.

When wet the first time, I let it soak whilst showering and it stuck to the bottom of the tub so it does not spin when loading the brush........

Good soap, lathers well and is from Yorkshire, what is not to like? :)

First time I tried it the razor "skipped" a wee bit across my face, not sure if my lather was too thick? It was like beaten egg whites or pre cooked meringue.

I used Trumpers lime skin food as a pre shave......... Proraso would ruin the delicate scent of the MWF.

Will try again before work today and see how I get on.

Hairsuite said:

When wet the first time, I let it soak whilst showering and it stuck to the bottom of the tub so it does not spin when loading the brush........

First time I tried it the razor "skipped" a wee bit across my face, not sure if my lather was too thick? It was like beaten egg whites or pre cooked meringue.

I used Trumpers lime skin food as a pre shave......... Proraso would ruin the delicate scent of the MWF.

Was the lather smooth and glossy? If not, that's the probable explanation; if it was, it may be that the lather was a touch too dry.

chrisbell said:
Hairsuite said:

Was the lather smooth and glossy? If not, that's the probable explanation; if it was, it may be that the lather was a touch too dry.

Thanks for the reply Chris, I will try again and maybe watch the Manticore video again, it has been a while since I saw it......

Cheers.

Ordered some yesterday, not because I wanted the posh dish you understand, but as I had to bulk up the order to get free delivery :).

Once it arrives I shall see how well it lathers with my water.

So my MWF arrived earlier today, in it's nice pot.

IMG_0773_zps19a39364.jpg

I'm working from home today as I have a touch of Man Flu so didn't want to spread germs around the office.

Late afternoon shave for me today. I filled the bowl with Hot Water and soaked my brush whilst in the Shower. I chose to use my New Forest Tubby 2 as it has a good backbone and is ideal for lathering soaps.

I didn't take long to decide I like MWF. I started collecting soap on the brush very rapidly and all around the bowl was a gorgeous rich creamy thick lather, and it has a wonderful smell of, well, soap. No artificial additives, it just smells of soap.

Once I had enough soap on the brush I face lathered and ended up with a wonderful lather. 3 passes later and an excellent shave had taken place, one of my closest ever, and still enough lather left in the brush for more passes. I used the same razor and blade as usual so it has to be the soap that allowed the closeness. I don't understand why but it must be good as I'm still faceturbating.

That's it, decision made, I like MWF. Easy to lather in moderately hard Essex water, and produces a wonderful shave.

Shiny ceramic pots are very slippery when wet............

I managed to get the MWF to work for me today... Have it Trumpers cream tub so filled it with warm water to soak whilst showering.

Used the NF brush I purchased on BST earlier this month and WOW. I haver never had a problem lathering it, but reading people's comments, and in particularly Mulligano's advice, I realised I was making it up far too dry.

Wish I knew which model brush it is, may need to post picture and ask Fido, it is Persian jar shaped handle.....

Tried cold water shave for first time, like warm water, it is going to definitely have a place in my routine.....

Gravy said:
and another one

V1BAuvKy

just waiting for some clear gloss enamel to be delivered to go over both with now.

maybe i need a US redtip to go with them.

Back
Top Bottom