Mitchell's wool fat

Used my new MWF acquisition for the first time last night and, wow, it's quite something isn't it?

Can see why it is so hugely popular on here. Simple and very, very effective.

Yeah. I have three. Shameful since it lasts so long, but two are still in their wrapper so they can be forgotten about till required, in about twenty-five years' time

cootuk said:
Arrived today from NkdMan...a very faint hint of a smell to it, and lathers so easily.
Will be interesting to compare with the MdC that should be arriving in due course.

Do we actually know all the different brands this is sold under?
Do MWF buy it in and rebadge for everyone else?..ie who actually makes it for them?

My puck fits in a round 100ml snap lid (3 for £1) from a poundshop, with a little room round the edges.

I believe that Mitchells make Wool Fat Soap for Kent. I bought some from ebay for £9.95 (including p&p) and it came in a wooden bowl. I live in a hard water area (apparently) and I had no problem face lathering it earlier and would thoroughly recommend. It's one of the best soaps I've used :)

MWF is my favourite soap, I don't get to use it much lately as my ceramic jar isn't really suitable for travel, and my life lately is out of a suitcase.
My daily shave is Proraso now as it comes in a travel friendly tube, but always nice to go home at the weekend to get the Fat out.

Back
Top Bottom