Mikes Shaving Soap

Anyone used these soaps?

http://www.mikesnaturalsoaps.com/Mikes_Natural_Soaps/Tallow_%26_Lanolin_Hard_Bar_2.html

the pics look good and there is plenty of tallow

The USA reviews seem good, but as the sterling proved sometimes artisan soaps create very mixed opinions

They are pretty good. Lathering takes a bit of effort and won't produce huge amounts but the quality is good and makes for a very nice shave.

Tried the Bay Rum, Coconut and Barbershop... Barbershop my favourite by a country mile... fantastic scent.

One thing to be aware of... up to a point there he had a huge back log of orders, think he relocated from NY to Michigan and the order built up. So if you placed an order it could take 4-5 weeks before he got around to processing it.

He then stopped taking orders for a while to catch up on the backlog.

I think things are back to normal now.. but it does appear that a lot of items are not listed as out of stock.

good

its the barbershop i have coming
SSAD is the worse

you can find the right hardware but its a bugger to stop trying soaps

I'm a big fan, for me it lathers brilliantly I'm using the rose and cedar wood and the barbershop

The post shave feeling is great too

Definitely worth a try,

I'm a huge fan and these are always in my rotation. Very easy to lather, good glide, great smells. In particular I love his bay rum with his barbershop a close second. I also have his vetiver, orange/cendarwood/pepper, and lemongrass/eucalyptus. All quality soaps.

I'm a huge fan of these soaps as well. Terrific lather, excellent glide and fantastic smells. I think their Vetiver with double distilled Essential Oil, that I have, is the best Vetiver soap I have ever tried (I just love the Vetiver scent in general, and this soap is great with Guerlain Vetiver AS and EDT).

Daniele.

I just tried the orange/cedar/pepper and i can not get the fluffy lather from it! The lather i get is very slick and the post feeling is just great, but i miss the fluffy lather.

Keep practising and you'll dial it in eventually. I usually start with a medium-wet brush, load 30+ secs, face lather until a bit dry, dip the tips and distribute that moisture, build up the thickness/fluff.

newkie said:
Keep practising and you'll dial it in eventually. I usually start with a medium-wet brush, load 30+ secs, face lather until a bit dry, dip the tips and distribute that moisture, build up the thickness/fluff.

I will never give up :icon_razz:, love the smell and moisturising properties. I have tried to load the brush over a minute, both badger and boar.
The bagder gave me much better lather IMO, so i will lather it with the badger from now on.

Back
Top Bottom