For Sale MERKUR HOFFRITZ PROGRESS - GOLD TONE

Hi gents

I have a wonderful Merkur Hoffritz Progress in gold tone, in mint condition: I bought it NOS and used it no more than 10 times.

I bought it when I was in love with the Progress; indeed, about two years ago I started buying a modern chrome Progress and loved it so much, that I bought two vintage Hoffritz, one chrome and one gold. I ended up using mostly the chrome vintage one.

Then I moved to Artist Club razors and all my Progress ... well, I just did not use them any more (like other DE, but this is a different story). I sold the modern one, and I made up my mind to keep the vintage chrome one.

So I open this thread to sell the best of them all, the vintage gold tone one.

It has red indicators, its leather zip case and a single bachelite blade holder; unfortunately, it came to me with only one blade holder. Here https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2LpEbE1XpFUc0pEMWdIeFVwcXM you can see HD pictures; I can post more images or e-mail images if needed.

I am not sure about the price to ask, as it really is a masterpiece of old craftsmanship and as you can see from pictures it is in great condition:

<Edit> I would like to ask 120€

I will consider also trading it with Artist Club razors, and in particular with Schick Proline razor or Feather RG DX razor.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a similar vintage gold Progress, not minty like yours here, but these are sooooo good looking compared to the current chrome .. good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hi, can I ask what maybe a dumb question?
You described it as a Merkur Hoffritz but I cannot see Hoffritz on the photos. Hoffritz from my limited understanding was a New York retailer who re-branded Merkur razors and sold them a long with other luxury items. Hoffritz seems to command higher prices due to rarity and brand image.
Is this a Merkur or Hoffritz? I ask this since I may be interested in it at the right price.
Thanks

Of course you can, and there's no dumb question at all.
Hoffritz is exactly what you said: the branding is on the leather zip case and not on the razor. Both came to me from USA - Boston.
Up to know, it didn't happen to me to see any Hoffritz brand on a Merkur Progress.
Item shall leave form Milano, Italy.
Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom