Merkur head

Hi gents.

So I have this razor from rod neep. However, the head has lost its thread. Does anyone know where I can get another in the UK with out buying a whole new razor? Bare in mind I know nothing about DE razors.
Ta.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 51
Has the thread been completely stripped or is it just damaged or has the thread snapped off? If it has snapped off it is probably worth seeing if you can get a new top cap, if it is striped completely the same applies. A damaged thread could be salvaged by running an M5 die down it.

Just found this on another site.

Here is the reply I received from Merkur (Dovo). Note no "lifetime" warranty, just 10-years, but does not matter where you got the razor.

Thank you very much for your email. We have a 10 year warranty on our products for production or material faults. This DOES NOT include normal wear and tear, or abuse and misuse. This warranty is honored no matter where you buy a new MERKUR razor.

Best regards,
Anne Rothstein
DOVO/MERKUR Stahlwaren
Solingen/Germany
phone: ++49-212-2300135
fax: ++49-212-313612
e-mail: a.rothstein@dovo.com or dovostahlw@aol.com

Rob

mrjackoboy said:
Just found this on another site.

Here is the reply I received from Merkur (Dovo). Note no "lifetime" warranty, just 10-years, but does not matter where you got the razor.

Thank you very much for your email. We have a 10 year warranty on our products for production or material faults. This DOES NOT include normal wear and tear, or abuse and misuse. This warranty is honored no matter where you buy a new MERKUR razor.

Best regards,
Anne Rothstein
DOVO/MERKUR Stahlwaren
Solingen/Germany
phone: ++49-212-2300135
fax: ++49-212-313612
e-mail: a.rothstein@dovo.com or dovostahlw@aol.com

Rob

Brilliant good shout.

OK guys,

should have had my thinking cap on as i realised that the head wasn't even a merkur in the first place! Was just told that a mercer head would fit.

went with a r41 head. face shave was lovely, but cut my head to ribbons - mucho learning needed for this young jedi!

Re: RE: Merkur head

trench said:
OK guys,

should have had my thinking cap on as i realised that the head wasn't even a merkur in the first place! Was just told that a mercer head would fit.

went with a r41 head. face shave was lovely, but cut my head to ribbons - mucho learning needed for this young jedi!
No pressure my son, much aggressive razors have, shaving head much needed handle of long. May the smooth be with you!

Back
Top Bottom