merkur for head shaving

It does show quite a bit more of the blade yes. Or more than say, the 34C anyway... the angle is different too. I've not cut my face with my 37 slant but within the first 2 days of owning it I'd cut my finger just picking it up out of the rack so it just goes to show that you do have to take a bit of care with one.

Mikael is crazy enough to head shave with a DE so with skill it's very possible, but if I were to have a go (which I'm tempted to one day) then the 37 slant wouldn't be my choice. I think it's asking for cuts to be honest.

Vinny (Not Joe) is the guy I'd go to for advice about shaving, or indeed polishing, the old bonce. Runs in my mind he possibly uses a disposable head cart & since he's been doing it successfully for a couple of decades now I imagine he's pretty good at it.
He can also assist if you want the kind of tache most of us only dream about.

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

My good friend Andy (ajc347) on here shaves his head with the 2011 R41.

I don't think he's tried a slant but I may be wrong. If you can shave with the r41 successfully then you should a slant.

The only way to know is to give it a go!

I have shaved my head a couple of times with a 37c and a couple of times with a 39c, both with Feather blades.

I don't use a DE on my head for a number of reasons but there are plenty that do and they have their reasons.

Horses for courses.

Canuck said:
It does show quite a bit more of the blade yes. Or more than say, the 34C anyway... the angle is different too. I've not cut my face with my 37 slant but within the first 2 days of owning it I'd cut my finger just picking it up out of the rack so it just goes to show that you do have to take a bit of care with one.

Mikael is crazy enough to head shave with a DE so with skill it's very possible, but if I were to have a go (which I'm tempted to one day) then the 37 slant wouldn't be my choice. I think it's asking for cuts to be honest.

thanks for that ive used a de for a few years on head but fancied something new .

Back
Top Bottom