Merkur 45 bakelite

anyone used or own a Merkur 45 bakelite razor?

thoughts?
If you are in a position to do so - buy one. You will not be disappointed. There is quite a bit of love for them around these parts.

For me having moved to SEs, its the only the DE I have kept hold of. I'm no expert in DEs, it shaves really nicely. Smooth and close. Efficient is another way I'd describe it. I read somewhere on TSR that it could be the curve of the blade from the top cap - that adds to the angle of the shave. I use Astra's with the 45, & no grumbles.

Bit of a novelty value with the aesthetics. Looks good, and handles very easily. Although it's light no pressure is needed. Simply fuss free ;)

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, are there any other razors out there that shave in a similar way? By that, the 45 has a curved cap, thus a curved blade...this possibly adds to how it shaves.

This is still the only DE I own, and was wondering if anyone had a similar shave with a different razor....I may expand my collection ;)

Out of curiosity, are there any other razors out there that shave in a similar way? By that, the 45 has a curved cap, thus a curved blade...this possibly adds to how it shaves.

This is still the only DE I own, and was wondering if anyone had a similar shave with a different razor....I may expand my collection ;)
Razorock Baby Smooth looks to have a similar curved cap, it did remind me of the 45 when I used it

https://shavelounge.co.uk/product/razorock-baby-smooth-de-safety-razor-aluminium-black/

Back
Top Bottom