Merkur 20C

prod-8559-250-250.jpg

This new razor - one of a series - has a standard Merkur head so gives a standard Merkur shave. The handle has a spiral cut grip (in the wrong direction IMO) in a plastic sheath over a metal core - or so it feels - tipped with chrome top and bottom.

Whilst fingering it when it arrived yesterday, I thought it a step down-market despite a cost going up-market - £39 for a plastic handle with the grain going the wrong way! It did very well in the wet finger grip test, however.

Balance way up near the head but a very light handle so the shaving grip position - for me - is still way down the handle in order to get a bit of weight to the head when shaving. Very good grip with wet and soapy fingers. I used a Bic Platinum for the first time in the razor for the first time (but a Merkur head for the umpteenth) and achieved a very acceptable shave. So full marks to this new razor except for its price. I think they have been very cheeky about that - but that hasn't prevented us buying ES out of stock!

Back
Top Bottom