Mergress xl

Well today was the first use of the mergress xl I purchased of dsml two weeks ago.

So cracked out the Kent brush I purchased on holiday and TOBS shaving shop cream and a Gillette 365 blade (also first use). Set it to two for the first pass. So got nicely lathered up and away to go

Was a bit daunted at first as its quite a bit larger razor than the Timor I have been using since I started de shaving a few months ago. Well after a two pass shave both wtg as was getting used to it. All I can say is wow such a smooth shaver.
Finished off with alum and then some selin lemon cologne

LOoking forward now to trying it on a higher number to see what the diference is

Forgot a pic

8d868142.jpg

Going from the Timor which is quite a small tto razor to this is like chalk and cheese the handle is twice the thickness. And a lot longer but very comfortable to use have to hold it different due the length but I'll get used to it.

NNathwani said:
Nice one, Brian. I love my Progress, which I've been using for last few weeks, but the Mergess looks even better. Enjoy.

When I had a Mergress I always felt that it was the Progress which Merkur would have liked to produce, really, however commercial considerations had to be taken into consideration.

Enjoy !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

Brianpilman said:
Well today was the first use of the mergress xl I purchased of dsml two weeks ago.

. Well after a two pass shave both wtg as was getting used to it. All I can say is wow such a smooth shaver.

Hi there,

Looks like you got lucky and found a razor that fits well. Impressive you got the technique down well as you did on the first shave. It's only gonna get better as you probably know, Heh, of course things may get a bit more interesting going XTG or ATG down the road.

Congrats on the nice addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom