Mergress Vs Progress

Just got my Mergress from Duncan this week and I've used it a couple of times but I'm not getting the same performance as I did with my Progress. I don't know if it's the extra weight or not but my shaves haven't been as good and I'm getting more irritation with it.
I'm obviously going to persist with it for a while and see if I can get used to it, as its an amazing looking razor, but I'm starting to think thank god I didn't put my Progress up for sale yet.
Has anyone else compared the two an found the same or does anyone prefer the Mergress?

You may want to look for the directions on taking it apart and cleaning it. It helped the preowned Progress that I have.

Johnus said:
You may want to look for the directions on taking it apart and cleaning it. It helped the preowned Progress that I have.

Yeah, I did take it apart and give it a clean. Had to recalibrate it too once I'd put back together.

Well..... I went back to the Progress for a shave last night to compare it with my recent Mergress shaves and the result..... BBS with no irritation. How can two razors shave so differently when all they have is a different knob (oooh er!)
Let the knob jokes commence!

NNathwani said:
Well..... I went back to the Progress for a shave last night to compare it with my recent Mergress shaves and the result..... BBS with no irritation. How can two razors shave so differently when all they have is a different knob (oooh er!)
Let the knob jokes commence!

Well, in my own case when I made a comment about my Mergress I was immediately asked which end of the razor the "knob" I was talking about was located. Not a query I'll phrase in that way again !

JohnnyO. \:blush:

Think I've finally tamed the beast.
Have now had 2 or 3 shaves in a row with fantastic results with the Mergress. I now adjust the razor after each pass. Set it at a high setting for the first pass, WTG, dial it down by 1 for the second, XTG, then down by 1 for the last pass, ATG. Didn't do this with my Progress where I just set it and left it for all 3 passes.
Really happy with this razor now. :)

Back
Top Bottom