Menthol

For anyone who has tried mentholated sterling soaps, are any other packaged products (don't really want to addy own menthol) stronger in the menthol department?

I have MITA and glacial. I have already got proraso, ingrams and wickhams which are all weaker in menthol strength.

I have nannys ice & slice although I havent tried it yet, found it at the back of the soap drawer yesterday. I can try it next shave and give you my opinion if your interested.

Jim

QCS Vostok (available from Seifenglatt who currently have a free shipping offer, but OOS at the moment) is pretty darned chilly and is reputed to be the coldest around. I have a pot and will, in the name of helping out a TSR colleague, give it a few whirls over the next few days.

Cheers,

Jon

jds said:
QCS Vostok (available from Seifenglatt who currently have a free shipping offer, but OOS at the moment) is pretty darned chilly and is reputed to be the coldest around. I have a pot and will, in the name of helping out a TSR colleague, give it a few whirls over the next few days.

Cheers,

Jon
Thanks Jon, incidentally has anyone tried sterling glacial?

A while back I was given a puck of Yeti Snot to try from a kind member here, most extreme... truly eye watering stuff!!

I have tried Stirling Glacial and I am yet to find anything stronger in the menthol department. I haven't tried yeti snot but that is the only soap I have heard of which is comparable. People's perception of the amount of menthol differs as it seems to effect others more.

I'm not sure why a menthol addict would be opposed to dissolving a few menthol crystals in some essential oil.
All told it costs less than a tenner, takes 5 minutes, is a piece of piss & means you can get the exact amount of chill-factor in any cream you want. :icon_cool:
Works brilliantly with Cyril Salter fresh mint.

Hi Nishy
I tried the nanny's today and I really like the scent but the menthol hit, whilst cooling, dosent seem to be as strong as the likes of Ingrams.
Hope this helps.

Jim

jim3rg said:
Hi Nishy
I tried the nanny's today and I really like the scent but the menthol hit, whilst cooling, dosent seem to be as strong as the likes of Ingrams.
Hope this helps.

Jim
Thanks Jim, Yeti snot seems to be the forerunner has anyone tried both sterling glacial and yeti snot?

Sezer74 said:
Its not a soap but Kent shaving cream has some good menthol, bit stronger then proraso and leaves the skin really nice. But it's not the soap, its the cream in black tub with chrome effect lid.
Yep love the Kent great shaving cream

Back
Top Bottom